Friday, December 2, 2011

Food Rediscovery: Hot Ham and Swiss

Dear Hot Ham and Swiss Sandwich,

I know that you and I have not always had the best relationship ever since my mom made me finish you in the car before I could go to Girls Scouts when I was 7 years old.  I'll be honest.  I have avoided you like the plague for the last 20 or so years. But, it was all me.  It had nothing to do with you.  I enjoyed the heck out of your pal, the turkey sandwich, during that time.  However, over the Thanksgiving holiday this year I had a change of heart, and decided to give you another go out of sheer curiosity and a really yummy-sounding Pinterest recipe:  Hawaiian Ham Rolls.

Is your mouth watering yet?
via

Well, what can I say?  You showed out, Hot Ham and Swiss Sandwich.  You were absolutely the most delicious thing I ate last weekend (besides the fried turkey--sorry that will always be #1 in my book). I don't know if it was the fresh Wisconsin Swiss Cheese-thanks Sarah!- or the Hawaiian Bread (which was not a part of the sandwich I had to eat 20 years ago), but you were fantastic.  I have had a version of you every night for dinner since.  Obsessive, maybe, but so delicious!

please excuse the poor cell phone quality photo, but it was just as delicious as the one in the picture above!

I want to thank you, Hot Ham and Swiss Sandwich for making your way back into my life, and thank you Pinterest for bringing us back together.  I promise to never stay away from you for that long again.

Til dinnertime!

1 comment:

CJ said...

What happened to "My mother was right"