#2 I am in the wrong profession. I should not have gone into health education, that's what ordinary people do. I found out this morning that I have the ability to be a time bending contortionist, like Keanu Reeves' character Neo in the Matrix. You know that scene where he is dodging gunfire (or something like that-I never saw the movie but I remember it from the preview) and leans all the way back without putting his hands down? Yeah, I did that this morning. Although I was not dodging gunfire (thankfully)....I was dodging a spider web booby trap that this little guy put up in my yard this morning.
Yeah, remember that "awesome spider" that was in my garden this past weekend? He is no longer awesome in my book. After trying to trap me in his web this morning we are no longer on speaking terms. How did this seemingly harmless yet creepy look creature manage to nearly capture a human being in his web? I was chasing a puppy dog who HAD to go out early because of an upset tummy around the yard this morning trying to get him back in the house so I could leave for work. I ran around the corner of the house and was about to lunge forward to grab him (the dog, not the spider), and BAM...my face was mere inches from the web. My foot was underneath the web, and I some managed to do a quick leaning-back giant lunge step (in my mind this is where I looked like Neo in the Matrix) to get the h-e-double hockey sticks away from it. I turned around to look back at it, sure that the spider was gone from the web and somewhere on my shirt, but he was chilling on his still-intact web. Mr director for the Matrix franchise, give me a call if you need a female Neo-body bending ability character, I'm your girl.
#3 Why is it that on the days I absolutely dread going on a run end up being the best run days? Yesterday afternoon I had a serious battle of ideas in my head about whether I should stop by Little Caesar's and get a pizza and some Crazy Bread on my way home and spend my evening on the couch OR go for a run. After talking with my Mom on the way home and hearing her tell me about the 20 mile--yes TWENTY mile run she went on this past weekend (Did I mention she is running the Chicago Marathon next month? I am so proud of her!) I decided I could put in a measly 5K. I made the decision to run outside since it was absolutely B-E-A-Utiful outside yesterday and I seriously felt like I could run forever. If it had not been for Hawk crying inside the house (I could hear him a good 5 houses away) I may have done more, but I stopped @ 3.25 miles and then got the puppy dogs and took them around the block once.
| Beautiful sunset from yesterday evening. |
Happy Wednesday! 2 more days til the weekend...but who's counting?


No comments:
Post a Comment