Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Recap: Rollin' with the Tide!

Oh whatta weekend! It started out crazy busy, but ended up being quite relaxing.  I ended up having 150 bazillion things going on at work on Friday so I ended up leaving 45 mins later than I usually do.  Unfortunately that meant I had to rush home to let the dogs out because I had to be at the football game by 6pm to work the concession stands.  What a joy that was.  It ended up not being as bad as I was expecting it to be.  The game was a blow out so people left early and we were not too busy.  My non-existent math-in-my-head skills were put to the test, but I finally got the hang of it about halfway through the 1st quarter when I could remember prices without having to look them up. The boys won big, again.  Hopefully that will continue this week because we have a big game on Friday night against one of the top ranked teams in the state!

We were up early Saturday morning because we were headed to Tuscaloosa for the Bama game!  All week we were planning on going to Auburn to tailgate (which is I was unsuccessfully searching for a dress last week). Thursday morning Eric called me at work and told me that some friends had some extra tickets to the Alabama game on Saturday and we couldn't pass it up!  I have never been to an Alabama football game and the last time Eric went to one was when he was in high school.  We headed out early to get there in time to tailgate.  We met up with some friends and had some fabulous food and watched some of the other games that were on.

The game was awesome!  Bama was playing Florida Atlantic so it was not much of a game, but it was fun to be there and experience a game in person. I could not believe how packed the stadium was....for the Florida Atlantic game.  I can't imagine what it's like when they play a big SEC opponent.



Pics (clockwise from left):  Eric and I with the Bear [Bryant].  The field. The boys with the best dressed guy at the game.  The Million Dollar Band with alumni band members...900+ strong. Clearly I was able to find a dress that was long enough after going to my 10th store.  Apparently I was just looking for the wrong color because I was able to find a super cute and long enough red and gray dress that I can also wear to HC's Homecoming this weekend!

The only thing that would have made it better would have been to not to have to drive 2.5 hours home after the game.  I think I fell asleep about 2.5 seconds after I got in bed after we got home.

Sunday was the exact opposite of Saturday.  Aside from going to church and Eric's grandma's to eat lunch we did little to nothing.  I went to my SIL's house to talk a little basketball and of course discuss our latest crafts.  She's been making super cute maxi dresses the past couple of weeks and she had me so inspired that I got my sewing machine down when I got home.  I didn't sew anything but I have plans to!  It was an absolutely beautiful fall day so I of course let the puppies play outside.


We decided to let little girl out so she could run around today.  It's been a week since her surgery and she seems to be loving being able to run and play with her brother!

Happy Girl!
I can't believe that fall is already here and that October will be here next week.  Time is flying this year!  Here goes another week!


No comments: