Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Penne Pasta with Trapanese Pesto

It has literally taken me 15 minutes to start typing this post.  I've had the computer on my lap but I've been fighting off 2 needy puppy dogs who both think they need to be either on my lap or under my hand.  I have a feeling that after dealing with these 2 for as long as I have, children will be a cinch.  I constantly have dogs barking at me, pushing me out of their way, and of course interrupting time in the bathroom.  It's bad when you have to warn guests to make sure they shut the bathroom door all the way because the dogs WILL try to follow them.

Why is it that some days just feel off? I felt completely out of it all day Monday. Maybe it was the rain?  Who knows.  All I know is that the only thing I was interested in doing when I got home from work was taking a nap.  I managed to take the boys on a walk between storms and then crashed on the couch.....at 6:00pm.

I did manage to throw together a quick dinner.  I decided that barely cooking one night (like last week) was not going to cut it--at least not until basketball season starts. =) I found a recipe for Penne Pasta with Trapanese Pesto.  It looked enticing not to mention I had almost everything for it already.  I made a few changes to the original recipe by using whole wheat penne and because Eric is not too keen on eating vegetarian dinners I cooked some sausage and mushrooms to combine with the pasta and pesto.  It was definitely different but not too bad.  It had a really good and unique flavor.  I really liked the fact that I made the pesto out of all fresh ingredients.


Tomorrow night is breakfast burritos using the leftover sausage/mushroom mixture!

We get the puppies back today so I'll have updates on them tomorrow!

No comments: