![]() |
| via |
I got used to it, but I still hated being so much taller than everyone else. I tended to have taller friends which helped but there were always those situations when I'd end up looking like a giant, especially in pictures.
In college I learned to embrace my height. Playing basketball helped because there were always people around who were my height or taller. I also learned the art of the "knee-pop" that works wonders in pictures with shorter people.
Now I absolutely LOVE being tall and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I LOVE to wear high heels and I wear them to work every day (but no platform heels...I'm not trying to be an Amazon woman). I tend to not wear them as much when Eric and I are out because I still have the fear of towering over him or looking the same height as him in pictures (stupid, I know). He is 4 inches taller than me but if I have on heels and a picture is taken from a bad angle I could look taller which is NOT good. I wore flat sandals for our wedding for that very reason. I was not taking any chances with those pictures. I feel right at home with my family. They're almost all tall and my in-laws are pretty tall too, which helps in picture taking!
![]() |
| Please excuse my attire in the picture of my cousins and I. I was a sophomore in college and played basketball and apparently thought that extra large t-shirts and sweats were hot. YIKES! |
So why am I waxing poetic about my experience with being tall?
For this reason:
![]() |
| via |
I have some serious beef with the people who decided that super short dresses were going to be the current style. I rode all over the city yesterday trying to find a cute dress to wear to a tailgate this weekend. It's going to be 86 so I decided a dress was the way to go. I bet I tried on 25 dresses yesterday and nearly every cute sundress was anywhere from 3-6 inches too short. I realize that there are much bigger problems in the world today and that I should be very thankful that I can just run to a store to pick up a dress to wear this weekend (which I am), but is it too much to ask for another 3 inches of fabric on a dress so I don't flash the world when I lean over the food table to get a bite to eat? I know the people we're hanging out with would appreciate it!
Tall Girl Problems....grrr!






1 comment:
Hahaha! I can totally relate to this whole post!!! Being tall is great, but sometimes, sometimes it just sucks!! they should really make more things for tall people instead of accomodating the short ones! They can at least hem or alter... we cant exactly add material!
Post a Comment