I'm back! I took a little trip up to the frozen tundra last week.....literally. My "little" brother graduated from Michigan Tech on Saturday so the family trekked up to Houghton to celebrate. I knew it was supposed to snow while I was there, but I had no idea it would snow for 2 days straight! We are talking lotsa snow in May and this lil southern bell was a bit chilly! However I did not let a little snow get in my way of having the whole Houghton experience. My goal was to see what made my brother fall in love with this little frozen town in the very top of the U.P. (upper peninsula) and I believe I can say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. From beautiful beaches to complete wilderness and a quaint college campus wedged in the middle, I get it. I am still working through he 150+ pictures I took this weekend, but here are a few of my favorites!
 |
| The view from his apartment in a snowstorm....in May. |
 |
| The graduate and I. Is it just me or does he look like he's gotten taller? |
 |
| Me on the banks of Lake Superior. It was soooooooo cold down by the water! |
 |
| The same spot on Lake Superior a few days later when the wind died down. The water looked like glass! |
No comments:
Post a Comment