1. We had a bit of excitement at our house yesterday, and by excitement I mean I walked outside yesterday evening to see this:
That would be one of our pool tables (glass top) and umbrellas upside down in the pool. I guess you could say the wind was blowing a little yesterday. Luckily the table top did not shatter, the umbrella popped back the right way and still works, and there does not appear to be any scratches or tears in the pool liner. [knock on wood] The craziest part is I was sitting in the kitchen not 30 feet away from the pool, and could see the pool from where I was sitting. The moral of this story is always put your pool umbrella down when you are not using it. We usually do, but forgot to close this one after the weekend's festivities.
2. Last week I was perusing the grocery store and saw the holy grail of hot dog buns on a little table of bread products. The geniuses at the Kings Hawaiian Bread Company have decided to not just make delicious little Hawaiian bread rolls....they have expanded their product selection to sub rolls, hamburger buns and HOT DOG BUNS. I snatched up a package and could not wait to try them out. I always keep a package or two of hot dogs in the freezer in case I get on a hot dog kick. They're such an easy lunch on the weekends or busy weeknight dinner and they always come in handy this time of year. Saturday afternoon Eric was out fishing with his uncle and I found myself home alone around 11:30AM looking for something to eat I am not lying when I tell you that I was like a little kid in a candy store when I was making my hot dog with the Hawaiian bread bun. The hot dog was everything I had hoped it would be and I have since eaten almost all of them (not all at once). I kinda wish I had one right now.
| The hot dogs I had were Nathan's bun length, which made it even more delectable. I was in hot dog heaven! |
We have another game tonight, and hopefully we'll have another win by the end of it!
Happy Thursday....it's almost FRIDAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment