Last night I made and ate my very first succotash, and to my surprise I will most likely make it again! I wasn't looking for a succotash recipe, but I found this one by chance as I was perusing this week's Publix ad. Its 2 main ingredient were corn and mushrooms, both of which I love so I decided it could not be half bad.
![]() |
| From Publix Apron Meals collection. |
Here's what you need:
4 ears of fresh corn
8 oz baby portobello mushrooms, de-stemmed and chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
3/4 tsp salt
1-15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 tsp pepper
Juice of one lime (about 1 Tbsp)
1/4 tsp Tobasco sauce
How to make it:
Cut corn off cobs and set aside.
Preheat large sauté pan on medium high. Melt butter in pan, and add corn. Cook corn for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
Stir in mushrooms,garlic, and 1/2 tsp salt, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until mushrooms are soft.
Reduce heat to low. Stir in tomatoes, black beans, pepper and remaining 1/4 tsp salt; cook 1-2 minutes or until hot.
Remove pan from heat. Squeeze lime juice over mixture and stir in Tobasco sauce and cilantro and serve warm. Makes 6 servings.
It was delicious! I served it with some provolone and tomato stuffed chicken breasts. I got the chicken recipe from The Southern Wife, and it was fabulous!. We decided that it would be a great taco filler (the cilantro and lime juice give it a tex mex flavor), and will be making it again!



No comments:
Post a Comment