#1 We won our first softball game last night! We actually run-ruled the other team as we were up by 17 after 5 innings. I am a bit anxious about the season because we have been moved up to the A League again this year. This happened a couple of years ago and we bombed because we didn't have our "A" team available to play that year. Luckily we have most of our summer tournament team playing this year, so we should be competitive against the high school baseball teams (literally). The good news is we have our superstar girls who are not a guaranteed out every time we step up to the plate. =) There's nothing better than stepping up to the plate and watching the outfield come up (because I am a girl) and hitting a perfect line drive over the pitcher's head into center field. This might have happened a couple of times last night. But I am pretty sure I need some infield practice because I may have missed a couple of balls that I should have caught...thank goodness we were up by 17 at that point.
#2 I cannot wait to start my new book! I was on amazon yesterday and saw that Dan Brown (The DaVinci Code author) had a new book coming out today called Inferno. It's another Robert Langdon book, and I am super excited to read it! I decided to go ahead and pre-order it so it would be in my Kindle Cloud first thing this morning. I finished the newest Sophie Kinsella book Wedding Night yesterday and am on a reading kick right now, so I figured I might as well keep going. I am debating on whether or not to start this new book before the weekend because I won't get anything done once I really get into it.
#3 Last but not least, it finally happened. I got the facebook message that I have been anticipating since this past fall which officially cements my "being old" status. It was the announcement about my 10 year high school reunion. DUN DUN DUN. Honestly I still can't believe it's been 10 years because it certainly doesn't feel like it. And I certainly can't be THAT old. Right? Please someone tell me I am not old enough to go to my 10 year reunion! The good news is that with my parents being back in Memphis it makes it a lot easier for us to get there. Thanks for looking out Mom and Dad! I guess this means I need to find some old high school pictures of me to put out on the interwebs. Luckily this might be a little difficult since facebook (thankfully) didn't exist back in the dark ages. =)
![]() |
| no worries....there's more where this gem came from! |

No comments:
Post a Comment