Thursday, May 2, 2013

It's Pool Time! (Finally!)

How do you know that you have had a cooler-than-usual-spring?  When you live in Alabama and your pool is still not opened by the last week in April.  Crazy I know.  Last year we took the pool cover off St. Patrick's Day Weekend, this year we're barely getting it open before May.  Eric decided at the end of last week that it needed to be done if we wanted to start enjoying it soon, so off came the cover.  He did one round of vacuuming last week and then we got busy had had rain this weekend, so it sat for a couple of days.  Last night he got back to it and vacuumed it again.  It takes a few times to get it vacuumed out at the beginning of the year....it's even worse when a certain someone does not run the pool pump for a month in the fall and covers the pool when it's dirty...ahem....Eric...cough cough.  I helped by switching the pump on and off so he didn't have to walk back and forth from the pump to the pool 10 times.  It looked pretty good last night.  He said it needs one more vacuum, a good shock, and then we'll dump the salt in it and it will be ready!

It's looking a little less green every day!
Funny Story:
When I was manning the pump the other day Eric asked me to switch the pump from "Filter" to "Waste/Edgeout" to get the water to pump out of the pool instead of back through the filter system when he is cleaning it.  I thought that "Edgeout" was an interesting way to describe it, but figured it must be some kind of pool lingo that I was not aware of.  I looked at the pump to figure out how far to turn the dial to get it to "Edgeout" and realized that my sweet southern husband did not realize that the settings on the pump were written in 3 different languages......."Edgeout" was actually Egout, which is French for Waste. Gotta love 'em!


No comments: