We say it every year, but I truly believe that this year was the Best Christmas Ever! This was the first year since Eric and I have been together (this is our 8th) that we've been able to celebrate Christmas with both of our families. We are so blessed to be able to do so! Since we had two Christmases, I am going to split this Christmas recap into two posts to keep this from being 3 miles long!
Our Christmas started the weekend before Christmas. Eric headed up to West Memphis for a weekend of duck hunting, so after I finished coaching my basketball game on Friday night I headed up to Memphis to my parents' house. My brother got into town the next night and Eric came over after they finished hunting on Sunday morning. The rest of the weekend was full of family time, fun and food....oh the food.
 |
1. The whole Jones-Cagle Famjamily! 2. My parents' beautiful Christmas tree! 3. Our stockings on "Christmas" Morning....we did Christmas with my family on the 23rd while we were in Memphis. 3. Merry Christmas from the Cagles! This might be the only picture I have of all of us together looking at the camera. |
 |
1. My Ugly Sweater Run hat! We didn't get to do the run because of the crazy rain storms that came through, but I still got my hat!...and free registration for another race. We're seriously considering the Foam Fest 5K! 2. Hawkey Dog on the drive home. 3. We decided to go see Starry Nights (for the first time in 10 years) and it was definitely NOT like we remembered. The line to get in was ridiculous (which is normal), but what we didn't expect was for it to take 45 minutes to get through it! Matt made a sign with my iPad and held it up to the window as we were waiting..... 4. After and hour and 15 minutes we made it to the gate! 5. As we were leaving we were trying to figure out what road we were on, so I asked Siri "Are we on Mullins Road?" This was her response. Mom and I lost it at this point. I still don't know why it was so funny, but it was. We were laughing so hard we were crying for about 5 minutes. 6. I'm not saying we've been really busy lately, but we all crashed Sunday afternoon while we watched some football. 7. Our beautiful Christmas dinner table setting! 8. Christmas Dinner...Steak au Poivre c/o Matt-Matt, asparagus casserole, mashed potatoes, corn and rolls. It was delish! 9. Mom helping Hawk and Peanut with their Christmas bones....they LOVED them! |
 |
1. We finished off our Christmas night with a bonfire in the backyard. Dad and Eric had it under control. 2. Starry Nights Nativity 3. My new favorite drink. We found some Peppermint Mocha Kahlua so we added some milk and a splash of coke and had some Peppermint White Russians. 4, Eric opening his Big Green Egg Pizza Plate. He was beyond excited about it and yes we've already broken it in. 5. Matt-Matt making the sauce for the Steak au Poivre (it's supposed to be on fire) 6. Mom with her classroom decorations that I made her for Christmas. |
Like I said it was an amazing start to what ended up being the best Christmas ever! I was sad to leave my parents and Memphis (as always), but it was nice to get home so we could wake up at our house on Christmas morning. Plus we had a whole bunch of Christmas fun to have with Eric's family on Christmas day! I will have that recap tomorrow!
I am off for the rest of the week and I can hear the after Christmas sales calling my name! I KNOW there are a bunch of deals just waiting for me to come check them out!
I also want to wish my grandpa a happy happy birthday! I hope you have a great day, Charlie!
No comments:
Post a Comment