Monday, December 30, 2013

Last Weekend of 2013

After 9 days of getting to sleep in, 5:30am did NOT come easily to me this morning.  I can't lie, I thought hard about hitting snooze and rolling back over this morning, but I decided I would rather save my time off for something fun later on, and get my lazy butt out of bed. We had another jam packed weekend around these parts, but what's new, right?

1. Homemade pizza?  Yes please!
2. My Run of 10 (the 12 is behind the 11) in Phase 10...please notice NO WILDS were used.
3. Dinner with friends!
4. Pretty Alabama Sunset
I ended up going into the office on Friday for a few hours.  Eric was working and it was either take down Christmas decorations or go to work...I chose the latter. We decided to give Eric's Big Green Egg Baking Stone another try for dinner, so I headed to the store to get pizza fixins.  We made a pizza on Christmas night that was delicious but we decided we wanted a different crust, so I searched for and found a copycat recipe for Mellow Mushroom's pizza crust.  It has a hint of sweetness that doesn't exist in normal crusts, and come to find out the secret ingredient is molasses. I whipped up a batch which was super easy with the help of my new bread hook for my KitchenAid Mixer! And the verdict on the dough?  Let's just say we've found our new favorite pizza crust recipe.  We made 3 pizzas on Friday: 2 with that crust and 1 with canned rollout crust, and we only had rollout crust pizza left.  I was sad because I really wanted leftovers, but don't worry there is dough crust in the fridge just waiting to be made into a pizza this week!

Saturday it poured rain all.day.long. So much so that Eric actually lounged around the house all morning.  I was shocked.  I figured a rainy day was perfect for basketball watching, so I met up with one of my college teammates and we drove up to see another one of our teammates coach her to team to a Christmas Tournament win.  It was so good to see both of them and get to catch up!  I made it home to find my house full of people who had come to watch the prelims for the UFC fight that happened on Saturday because we are apparently the ones of our friends who get the channel that the prelim fight was on.  We moved the shindig to another friend's house for the main event because he'd purchased the fight on Pay-Per-View.  I have never been much of a fight fan and to be honest most of the fights weren't extremely exciting, until the girls started fighting.  Yep 2 female UFC fighters and they got after it.  Much more so than the guys.  I am not sure I would be ok with going into a situation knowing there was a good chance I would get punched in the nose/eye/cheek/head, but to each his own I guess.  The big fight of the night started out exciting and then one of the guys kicked the other one in the knee and broke his leg.  Like he kicked and his entire foot wrapped around the other guy's leg.  It was disgusting and a very anti-climactic end to all of the hype.

Sunday we slept in (8:30...what what?!) so I went to late church, and then we went to have lunch with Eric's parents.  He went hunting so I decided to go see my former roomie/teammate before she headed back to Illinois today. We had a blast and stayed out waaaaaay too late on a school night. This girl didn't get home until 10:30 which is part of the reason 5:30am was so awful this morning, but it was so worth it!

I plan on taking the rest of 2013 easy, possibly taking down Christmas stuff tonight and tomorrow....we'll see how that goes.

No comments: