Wednesday, December 11, 2013

To Do Lists and Christmas Wishes

As of today Christmas is officially 2 weeks away!  Surprisingly the shortened Christmas season has not gone as fast as I thought it would (so far).  I have been trying to stay on top of things, but I feel like for every item I have scratched off my To-Do list, I add another two. Luckily the majority of the items pertain to my two work Christmas parties and our basketball party all which will be over by this time next week.  The good news is that 90% of my shopping is done, and I have about 75% of the gifts in my stash at the house waiting to be wrapped.

I would feel better if more of these items had check marks beside them.
Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year and I want to do EVERYTHING.  I just can't say no because I love this time of the year and I love seeing people enjoying themselves at functions, but for this is the first year I really feel a bit overwhelmed. Throw in a tough game last night that we should have won and it was icing on the cake last night.  All I wanted to do was go home, curl up, and go to sleep for a couple of days.  I even suggested to Eric that we both take the day off today and sit around in our pjs watching tv.  He didn't bite on my offer, and reminded me that I can't just disappear for a day.

I have always believed that if God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.  And I am holding to that.  I have decided that I am going to make it through the next week and a half and that it's going to be a great next week and a half.  I mean it's Christmas time!  There are so many things around that have the potential to make people happy and restore your faith in humanity it's nearly impossible to not see something that will make your day.  As if she knew I needed a pick me up this morning I had an email from my mom with the following video.  You may have seen it floating around on facebook, and it's totally worth 5 minutes.


And that's what this time of year is all about for me.  I have decided that I am going to take it one day at a time and work my way through my list.  I am not going to stress.  I am going to ask for help when I need it (something I have a hard time with sometimes).  Most importantly I am going to enjoy the little things that make me happy and let everything else just roll off my back.

I have a quote by Herm Albright by my computer that says "As positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."  So look out world, Polly Positive is here to stay and make this the Best Christmas Season Ever!

No comments: