Friday, December 6, 2013

Dear December, Where the Heck did you Go?

While most of the country is covered in snow and dealing with frigid temperatures, we (Lower Alabama) are trying to figure out where winter went.  This is what my dashboard looked like yesterday....

After you get over the ridiculous amount of dust on my dashboard -yikes!-you will notice that the outside temperature is 77.  77 degrees in December! I know we live down South but this is ridiculous!  Especially considering that Mom and Dad are only 5 hours NW of here and are having an ice storm today.  I told the boys last night and they looked at me like this:


Ok not really, but don't they look adorable?  My name is Betsy and I like to make weird noises so my dogs will look at me like this.  I can't help it.  It's just so stinking cute!

We are officially under 3 weeks until Christmas and I am wondering how the heck I am going to accomplish everything I need to between now and then.  The good news is that I have 85% of my Christmas shopping done, and I have ideas for everything I have left to purchase.  I have done good bit of shopping online this year, which is new for me, but given my lack of free time it's been so convenient.

Speaking of Christmas, I am Christmas-a-fying our house this weekend!  Thankfully our tree is not longer in this state:

It is currently upright, untied, and in it's stand...but that's it.  All of my Thanksgiving decorations are still out, and if it weren't for a few Christmas M and M's in my candy dish on the table, there'd be nothing else up.

Tonight is game night for me, so it's gonna be a long one.  We're 1-2 right now, which is not too bad.  We beat the team we should have beat, and I believe that if we'd been fresh against the team we had out second loss of the season against, the game would have been closer than 15 points.  We're playing our closest rival tonight at home (the schools are 10 mins apart) so wish us luck!  


No comments: