No you are not seeing things, we played 8 games to their 5. It all started with us having to play in the first round because of how things were seeded. It looked like they tried to put the local teams in the first round since we did not have to travel, which I get, no problem. Unfortunately we did not play well the first game and ended up losing which knocked us down to the loser's bracket. On the bright side, we only had to play one game Friday night, were home by 8pm, and got a good night's sleep. We had to be back to play at 9AM the next morning and that's when the LBC, aka, the Little Team that Could did what we do best....WIN!
On Saturday, we won our 9AM game against another one of the local teams. Then we had to turn around and play the next game at 10AM against a team from North AL. Did I mention it was 95 degrees at 9AM? Yeah hot already. We got a one game break after that at 12:30PM and pulled off a come-from-behind victory, which put us in a re-match with the team that knocked us into the loser's bracket Friday night. We headed for the AC since we had a 2 game break but were back up at the field at 3PM (from what I heard the heat index at this point was around 110 degrees, but I was scared to look). The team we were playing had just played a 2PM game so they were pretty exhausted and it was a close game. After the 2nd inning one of the tournament officials came to our dugout and informed us that the other team was going to have to forfeit the game because they were using an illegal player. They tried to pick up a guy whose team got knocked out of the tournament earlier that day (the genius played for the team of the church that was hosting the tournament and apparently thought no one would notice). Lucky for us that was clearly stated in the rules and they called the game. Unfortunately the team we were to play next were told that it would be an hour and a half before the next game so they'd gone to eat. We finally got started around 5PM (I think? I had no idea what time it was all day) and beat a team from Auburn to put us in the Championship against a team from Montgomery called ZAP. Ironically we put ZAP out of this same tournament last year. They were not too happy about it and were ready for a rematch.....and we gave them one! One loss that is! We knocked them down a peg and beat them in the first Championship game (our 7th game of the tournament, their 4th). Of course they were quite ticked. Because it was a double elimination tournament and that was only their first loss we had to play them AGAIN right after. At this point we were so hot and exhausted that we could barely move. We ended up losing the second championship game 18-12. I was quite shocked that we actually were capable of competing the second game. We got another nice trophy to go in the LBC trophy case (3rd one this season, 2nd one this week!), and headed for the house.
I think we slept a good 10 hours Saturday night. I am not going to lie, I was afraid to get up Sunday morning because I KNEW I was going to be hurting. We were both sore all over Sunday, and did not get too much accomplished. I went to church and cleaned the house, and Eric went to get his boat from the river and washed the cars, but other than that we vegged. It was too hot and we were too tired to do anything else, except maybe grab a bite at 12-20 Cafe (where else?) and a DQ milkshake for dessert. =)
![]() |
| nom nom nom |
Now we just have to get through Monday and then it's time for a lil R and R for the 4th! Hurry up Monday and get the heck outta my way!


No comments:
Post a Comment