No we did not have random summertime snow in Alabama. I mean Snow Day in the sense that on any normal day I would be at work, but because of an abnormal occurrence this is my view today......
That would be my laptop on my coffee table in my living room. My morning started like any other. I got up, got dressed,
barely made it out the door on time (as usual), and headed to work. When I drove past my building to the parking deck I noticed a lot of people standing outside and I thought great, apparently whoever gets here early to open the building is late. I get to work at 7AM so it's possible, but I do realize now that was a little ridiculous to think since I work in a building that has 24 floors and SURELY there was somebody who had a key. As I walked up we started hearing different stories of what happened. As it turns out there was an electrical fire on the 16th or 17th floor and the sprinklers went off. However, the fire department was not alerted and the sprinklers ran for at least 45 mins before they got there. The power in the building was off as were the phones, so they sent everyone home for the day. And this is where I sit.....I did try to check my emails, but apparently the email servers are down, too because I cannot send or receive emails from my work address right now......yikes!
I am thinking that my day will now be filled with some trashy daytime tv watching, probably a nap, some house cleaning (maybe), a lil workout action, as long as the weather holds out a little pool time, and of course some playtime with the puppy dogs (they were ecstatic when I go home)!
So happy Thursday to all! I will be enjoying mine for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment