![]() |
| via |
Ooooh! Dover cliffs! Been there!
I've got chills watcing them talk about the athletes!
Yep...tearing up AND have chills now....
Oh Bob Coastas....the Olympics would not be the same without you!
Good call by whoever suggested hanging the Olympic Rings from the Tower bridge. It looks awesome!
Keep Calm It's Only the Olympics Signs.....love em!
Ceremony Intro
Good job on the Olympic Stadium London....looks awesome!
Awww....Meredith Viera and Matt Lauer reunited (and it feels so good!). THey're meant to co-host to together...why did she have to leave?!
Is NBC grooming Ryan Seacrest to take over for Bob Costas someday when he decides to retire from hosting the Olympics?
What's with the video at the beginning...I'm getting a little motion sick. Why is there a pig hovering over London?
London Eye! It was my favorite part of of sightseeing when I was there!
Cool tribute to all of the previous summer games with the logos!
Wow the cyclist who got to ring the bell has on some SKINNY jeans.
Pasturel Era
I love the old timey costumes!
There's Kate and Will and Harry!
Why do children's choirs always make me tear up?
Industrial Revolution
Deaf drummer....that's cool.
Is this changing of scenery supposed to be part of the show?
Ok now I get it.
Nice tribute to soldiers all over the world....good form London.
Is it just me or have the suits that British men wear for formal occasions not changed ever?
I like the dripping rings! VERY cool effect!
The Royals
They are totally throwing me off with these video montages.
Ooooooh Daniel Craig....love the James Bond spoof!
Cute corgis!
Are they really going to fly the queen in?
HAHAHAHAHAHA! I love the Queen skydiving with James Bond! Genius!
Children's Choirs again...and this one is signing and singing.....so sweet!
Children's Literature
Ooooohh Peter Pan!
Healthcare in the opening ceremony?
I want a trampoline bed!
Why are they showing only the villains from British Children's literature?! Can I get a hero?!
Mary Poppins saves the day!!!! Love it! It's one of my all time favorites!
I agree Matt Lauer....I'm not sure if that was cute or creepy either.
Oooooooh! Sunday night football commercial! It's almost football time!
It's Mr Bean! Hahaha! Very cute. Wonder if they gave Russell Brand a part...not.
Frankie and June Say Thanks Tim
Interesting take on the digital age.
Ok. It's growing on me...except for the costumes....yikes! Checkered body suits? Really?
Gimme some Queen (the band not the person)!
So I did not realize a lot of these bands/singers were British.
What are they singing? Apparently something called Pretty Bubbles?
Awh...Amy Winehouse...Love her music.
Torch Preview! Ooooh David Beckham!
Parade of Nations
American Somoas's Costumes are my favorites so far....tooth necklaces? Yes!
Oh Angola.....The picnic table cloth look is a but much.
Argentina has the right idea with warm ups.
Lauren Jackson is carrying the Australian Flag! I hope they have upgraded from their spandex basketball uniforms.
Why do countries think that the skirts/blazer combo is good for women? I'm not a fan.
Go uber traditional or go comfortable.
LOVE that Bermuda always wears Bermuda shorts!
Pretty costumes by Bhutan.
Brazil has the right idea with the skirts....neon yellow and green! with Tennis Shoes! LOVE IT!
Oooooh! Cameroon is rocking those outfits!
Love Canada's jackets!
I am a fan of China's ties! Pretty patterns!
Comoros is a new country for me....
LOVE the wellies worn by the Czech Republic! I'm a big fan!
Denmark's women's outfits make them look like 50's girls.
Is Estonia wearing rain coats?
Dear Fiji Flag holder....thank you for the view.
Woah Germany......pink and blue? Really? I like the blue but the pink looks a little too Pepto Bismol to me.
I like Hong Kong's flag!
Independent Athletes.....they are LOVING being there! True Olympic Spirit!
Learn something new every day....Indonesia has the 4th largest population in the world.
Kazakhstan wins the award for best colors....light blue and yellow!
Way to bust out the jeans Lichtenstein!
Malaysia's outfots look like a party! Yellow tiger print!
LOVE Mexico's Ponchos!
Fun Fact Nauru....has a population of only 9,400
Love the Netherlands' Tulips on their jacket lapels!
I am a fan of Nigeria's green and white dresses!
Where can I get one of those cross body bags like the Portuguese athletes?
Germany, if you want to see how to do pink/blue....do it like Russia did....very classy Russia.
Cute Fedoras with the feather worn by Slovakia.
Oh Spain, those outfits are a bit loud and shiny skirts are not cute, but the rosette headbands are adorable!
Love Sweden's skirt/polo combo...I need that outfit.
Very cool traditional outfits from Turkmenistan.
Tuvalu....you sold your national internet domain ".td" for $50mil to a company in California....and you only have a population of 10,000....good move.
Sweet hats Ukraine! They remind me of old timey night caps.
USA USA USA! But skirts that hit just below the knee? C'mon!
Vanuatu's outfits looks like a par-tay!
Great Britain looks ready to win gold with their gold trimmed outfits!
| via |
Awww....It's Will and Kate again! They're so cute!
"Doves" on bikes....cool idea! Send one through the air...it becomes a copycat of E.T.
I wonder if being called "Your highness" ever gets old.
So amazing to have some many people from so many places in one place.
Who's gonna light the cauldron?!? David Beckham is still driving the boat! Yes! BTW I'm a fan of the torches they decided to use.
Having the next generation of Olympians carrying the torch in the stadium....VERY cool idea! Paying homage to past British medal winners...Awesome!
Love the cauldron with all of the copper petals! But why is it so low? Shouldn't it rise so you can see it from outside the stadium!
![]() |
| via |
And a little Paul McCartney to finish it off with a Beatles classic!
Can you imagine what it feel like to be there as an athlete?! It has to be the most amazing thing ever!
The whole world singing Hey Jude together...amazing!
It's going to be an awesome few weeks and I can't wait to see what happens!
![]() |
| via |



No comments:
Post a Comment