I know I am a day late on my weekend recap, but I was enjoying the last day of my glorious 3 day weekend yesterday. You could not have asked for better weather this past weekend. Fall finally decided to come hang out for a bit. I just hope it sticks around to play because it was beautiful outside all weekend! I did my best to not do anything this weekend. Eric was really busy with football stuff so I was pretty much on my own, but I made do!
Friday he had an away game 3 hours away. I consider myself a dedicated football coach wifey, but a 3 hour drive is a bit much for me, especially when we are a heavy favorite. Instead I stayed home, listened to the slaughter on the radio and worked on my dress for homecoming this week. I am making another dress like the one I made for HC's Homecoming, but this one is purple and includes Tiger stripes!
Saturday we watched some football on tv and I made a few appetizers to snack on. Eric requested Buffalo Chicken Dip AGAIN. I am pretty sure this is the 4th or 5th time I've made it in a month. I was not planning on making it this weekend so I did not have all of my normal ingredients, mainly my Budweiser Wing Sauce. Let me just say I will never make it without the stuff again because the result when I used a different brand was not pretty. I ended up with an oily film on the top of my dip. When I went to stir it in, the dip got more watery. We ended up pouring some off, but it was still gross looking (it still tasted good!). Note to self: Stock up on Budweiser Wing Sauce STAT!
Saturday night we had a little date night. We heard about a New York Style Pizza Place called Kas's Corner in the little town next to ours a few weeks ago and decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed! The pizza was delicious! I hope the place stays in business for a little while because I WILL be going back for more pizza soon!
We had a pepperoni, mushroom, sausage, and bacon pizza. We like meat, what can I say? It had just the right amount of sauce and the crust was incredible! It had some kind of seasoning on it that made it taste like Texas Toast.
Sunday I was up bright and early to watch the coverage of the Chicago Marathon. I am so excited to report that SHE DID IT! My momma is officially a marathoner! I am so proud of her! Technology is pretty sweet because I was able to track her progress online throughout the race, and I was able to get text messages telling me when she hit certain points in the race. Now she can cross that marathon off her bucket list! Yay Mom!
![]() |
| @ the running expo |
The rest of my weekend consisted of cleaning, dealing with what seemed like endless loads of laundry (I know I have said this many times before but I seriously don't understand how Eric goes through as much clothing as he does. I do a load of [HIS] laundry every night and still ended up doing a good 6 loads this weekend. I am going to spend my life doing laundry when we have kids!), and a lot of playing with these guys. I managed to tucker these two out on Monday. Peanut was content to make himself comfy on the pillows while I made the bed up, and Hawk-well you can see just how sleepy this boy was last night. My goal was to play outside with them as much as I could this weekend since my life will very soon be consumed with basketball.
These two little monsters found their way into the food container this weekend. They're smart little boogers. How did they manage this? I may have a fear of locking myself out of the house and so when I go outside when Eric is not home I leave the door cracked. These two decided they wanted a little more to eat and took advantage of the cracked open door. As you can see our little girl (on the right) is feeling much better. We let her out of the kennel one day this weekend and she and her brother took off for a few hours. She came back limping so we decided to keep her kenneled for another week or so, but she is pretty well healed.
She has also become quite the snuggler. Her favorite place is in my lap which she crawls up into as soon as I sit down outside. Hard to believe that just a month ago this dog would not let me near enough to pet her.
Our gorgeous fall weather has continued, enough so that I broke out my boots to wear to work this morning! I sure do hope this continues!





No comments:
Post a Comment