![]() |
| The sunset the other day behind our house. I did not do anything to the colors in this photo; it really looked like this outside. |
Gah! Basketball is starting soon. The week after next to be exact. I am really excited about this season! We're going to have a young team again, but that's ok. As long as they want to be there and work hard and play together then we should be successful.
Speaking of hard work and success......I am so very proud of this lady.
That would be my momma running in a 10 mile race a few years ago. She's done the 10 miler several times plus a few half marathons, and this weekend she is embarking on the big one. She is running in the Chicago Marathon! I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of her. I am in awe of her ability and determination to do this. I ran the 10 miler with her a few years ago and I thought I was going to have to cut off my legs post race. I can't even fathom running 26.2. She said her school held a pep rally yesterday for her and 2 other teachers who are running a marathon and doing a triathlon soon. How sweet is that?! Good luck mom (and uncle Bill)! We'll be cheering you guys on from Alabama....I can't wait to see your BLING when you finish!
Another year of dance classes started up for me last night. I've moved down from the high school-aged class to 5th-7th graders. I was a little apprehensive at first, but then I started thinking that I was in 5th grade when I started taking from the studio that I learned so much at. I had basic skills before then, but I really developed as a tap dancer between 5th and 7th grade. After one night of classes I am so excited about this year! These girls have pretty basic skills that I can work with, plus they really want to learn the harder stuff I have to teach them! I feel so fortunate to have this opportunity again. As I have said before, dance was my first love, especially tap. It was the first thing that I realized I could be good at. I realize that it's a bit of a lost art. I have not seen a single episode of Dance Mom's where they competed with a tap number, but I've seen them show tap classes so I KNOW they are teaching it. For a girl who was always awkwardly tall and did not have the greatest flexibility or turning skills, tap was where I could shine. Now if I could only find a way to make a living at it. =)
Oh and did I mention that I get a 3 day weekend this weekend? I would like to thank Christopher Columbus for landing in the western hemisphere so that I could have a day off from work.....preciate-cha Chris!
![]() |
| via |



No comments:
Post a Comment