I am not one to rant much on here, but in real life I've been known to rant about something once or twice. It's not like my family gets a kick out of me getting all worked up about stupid things from time to time....or all the time.
Back to my rant....
A month ago I decided to switch my Winn-Dixie reward card over to their new fuel perks card. It took me a few months to make the switch because: #1) I really like my $5 off $55 purchase coupons I got with every purchase with my old Winn Dixie card and #2) I fill my car up once a week and I certainly don't spend more than $50 or so on food and $.05 per gallon of gas per week would not really make much of a difference. Plus I get 3% cash back on my Costco AMEX card in addition to gas prices that are usually around $.05 per gallon cheaper than other gas stations which outweighs the Winn-Dixie savings majorly.
I finally got to thinking and decided that while fuel perks would not really help me out, we could use it to get cheaper gas for Eric. Since he has a work truck he does not have to put gas in his regular truck very often. Since I can build up fuel perks savings for 2 months, I figured we could save them up and every 2 months he could go fill up his truck for cheap(er) (let's face it gas is NOT cheap by any means anymore).
I opened our fuel perks account the second weekend in January...roughly 5 weeks ago. The gas station in our town that honored fuel perks had regular unleaded gas for $3.15/gallon. I thought Great! I can get gas for about $2.50/gallon if I save up for a couple of months! But then gas prices decided up jump. Maybe jump isn't the right word it....skyrocket for no apparent reason is probably more accurate.
As of today I have $.45 cents per gallon saved up in fuel perks and as if they're keeping track of my spending and savings at Winn Dixie, regular unleaded gas at the gas station where I redeem my feul perks is now $3.61 per gallon. I feel like they're just trying to mock me. You're up to $.45 off per gallon? We don't want you to save any money, so gas is now a penny more per gallon than it was when you started this....! JERKS. So much for trying to save a buck.
![]() |
| via |
Rant over. Thank goodness for Monday holidays....that makes me feel better. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment