Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekend Recap

So Thursday night was not the perfect game for us.  We played a great first quarter, but they were just too much for us and we ended up losing. I hate to see the season end but I am looking forward to having my Friday nights (and every other night for that matter) free! This weekend was the first sports season free weekend Eric and I have had since the beginning of August.  No joke.  6 STRAIGHT MONTHS of coaching.  Don't get me wrong, we both love it, but I am glad that we have a break for a while.

What did we do with this weekend?  Spent most of it at the gym watching wrestling sections, and spent the rest of it attempting to recover from the horrible chest colds that we both have.


1. Hallow decided to snack on our remote control on Friday afternoon, so we had to change the channel the old fashion way all weekend.  P.S.  I survived the weekend without watching a single DVRed show!
2. I had a ring-side view of the wrestling match all weekend.  Eric was running the clock so I sat next to the timers table.  THS won secionals again!  And our neighbor that Eric's been coaching won his weight class!
3. Hallow watching YouTube clips of the Puppy Bowl on tv.....HILARIOUS! I put it on just to see what he would do and he went nuts barking at the tv and trying to jump at it.
4. The bopper.  At wrestling matches there are little kids whose job it is to tap the referees when the time is up on the clock.  When the Championship round started Saturday evening all of said kids mysteriously bailed  disappeared, leaving no one to tap the referees. Since I was right there Eric nominated me. I did a mighty fine job bopping the referees except that one time I missed the ref and one of the coaches hollered at me...but it was NOT my fault....he moved at the last second.  Don't worry, Eric and his buddies got a kick out of it.
5. Late night snack on Friday.  The wrestling matches went until 11:30pm on Friday so I thought I deserved a late night snack. =)
6. My friends for the weekend.  Eric brought home a lovely chest cold last week that he so kindly shared with me, so we tried just about every kind of cough medicine.  A neighbor suggested Mucinex DM, so we tried it on Sunday. It helped tremendously but I am so ready for this cold to remove itself from my system.
7. My view on Sunday. It rained monsooned all day on Sunday which made for a perfect day of laying on the couch trying to feel better.
8. The only thing that got us out of the house on Sunday was a trip to redbox and Pizza Hut.  We got sucked in my a commercial for pizza sliders.  They were like mini personal pan pizzas! Our only complaint was that there was only one pepperoni on each one....the commercial showed 4 per pizza slider.
9. If you're looking for a funny movie that a guy's guy will love rent Here Comes the BOOM.  Kevin James comedy + MMA = fun for everyone!

I am hoping that this cold vacates my chest cavity ASAP because it's a very unwelcome visitor in this house. I did get some fun mail this weekend to cheer me up.  I came across an etsy shop that sells pop art prints and magnets with pictures of pets on them.  They had some that looked like the boys so I HAD to get them!
I got them from a shop called Pop Doggie and I LOVE them!
And just because I can't get enough if Hollow watching the Puppy Bowl.....

Have a great week!


No comments: