Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl Weekend Recap

Dear Weekend, Please come back.  I miss you already and you were entirely too short.

Since basketball left me with about 6 hours of free time on Saturday and most of my Sunday (that was then taken up by Super Bowl and getting ready for that) I feel like I am still in an extension of last week. The busy-ness will continue tonight when we start our area tournament.  We get to play one of the teams we beat already this year (YEA!), so we are optimistic about this game.  We have a real chance to move on to the next round if we play hard, and play like I know we can.

My non-basketball activities this weekend consisted of some Insanity workouts, walks with the pups, and tha Supa Bowl!

Here are my thoughts on the game:

1. It was a great and exciting game (in the second half).....shout out to Buffalo Wild Wings for turning off the power so the 49ers regroup so they could make their come back in the second half.

2. Commercials: Enjoyed them for the most part.
      My favorites (in no particular order)
        -Budweiser Clydesdale Brotherhood (horse remembering his owner)---made me tear up
        -Jeep's America will be Whole Again---also made me tear up
        -Both Doritos Commericals: Goat 4 Sale and Fashionista Daddy
        -Taco Bell's Viva Young

3. Destiny's Child Reuniting on stage during halftime = my favorite Super Bowl Halftime moment EVER! I am pretty sure every woman from ages 20-35's inner teenager went nuts....mine did!

As with all major football games we had a gathering at our house with lots of delicious goodies! We had smoked  ribs, sausage, and chicken (because Eric can't have a gathering without multiple types of meat), chicken salad, Jalapeno Popper Dip, guacamole, salsa, queso, and chips.  I pulled out my Buffalo Chicken Wraps recipe, my fabulous Stuffed Mushroom recipe, and pulled off a near disastrous cookie cake. I kinda forgot how much cookie cakes expand in the oven and ended up with burnt cookie cake overflow on the bottom of my oven.....the actual cookie cake survived and was delicious!


Please forgive my lack of decorating skills on the cookie cake.....I could not find any of my icing heads so I was working with the straight spout on the icing packages.  It was not pretty...that's ok though because it tasted wonderful!

I guess it's time to get this week started.....bring it Monday!

No comments: