Saturday morning Eric headed up to Huntsville to watch the THS wrestlers compete in the state match. They did great and we had 2 kids (including the heavyweight Eric's worked with all season) won their weight class! Dad headed out to play some golf in the 30 degree weather we had, so I snuggled up on the couch with a cup of coffee and the pups and watched a Saved by the Bell marathon. I met Dad around noon in Montgomery for lunch and we headed over to watch the Lady Hawks play. They won...BIG....and then we learned that they had clinched their first regular season conference title EVER! So exciting! Saturday night we went over to have dinner at one of the other football coach's house and had a blast just hanging out.
Sunday morning the boys headed out to play another around of golf before Dad had to head back home. I decided that since it was chilly outside that I would make a big pot of chili for them to enjoy when they got home. They loved it! Although it almost didn't happen because apparently Eric used up several of my staple ingredients that I have on hand all the time, and I ended up having to go to the store not once but TWICE to get everything. He's just lucky I really wanted chili and that there's a grocery store a mile from the house! Dad headed home after lunch and we vegged for the rest of the day (in between walks for the puppies of course--they got 2 in one day because it was so pretty).
Since we had so much fun on Saturday and Sunday I spent Monday playing catch up and running about a bazillion errands: the vet for flea meds for the dogs, dropped off 3 bags of clothes I've been meaning to donate for about 2 months, paid some bills around town that I can't pay online (gotta love a small town), went to get our taxes done (someone please remind me to do them myself next year instead of paying someone), got my oil changed, and made a quick grocery store run for dinner. Not extremely FUN stuff but necessary stuff. We finished off the weekend at the baseball field to watch the THS season opener. They dropped the first game of the double header and we decided that it was too cold (despite the heater I was sitting in front of) to brave the second game so we left after the first one. I guess that's the beauty of not being the coach....you can leave when you want! Since we were so cold when we got home we opted for grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup for dinner. I must say that Eric makes a mean ooey gooey grilled cheese. I may have had more than one. =)
1. An early birthday present to myself...some Chucks! I am in love with them! Oh and my birthday is tomorrow!!!
2. The Huntingdon Lady Hawks celebrating their regular season conference championship!
3. Baseball game...spring is coming!
4. No more crepe myrtle by the pool. Eric got a little chain saw happy with my crepe myrtles this year. I know they will grow like crazy but we're going to have some super short bushes this year.
5. Fried Crappie and coleslaw on Friday night....Delicious!
6. Chili dogs on Sunday afternoon.
7. Told you Eric makes an ooey gooey grilled cheese! He even butterfly cut it for me!
Today is my last day of being 27. I have really enjoyed it, but I am looking forward to all of the wonderful things to come in year 28! And no I can't believe that I am that old.


No comments:
Post a Comment