Friday, July 26, 2013

5 Things on Friday

1. I got some fresh Chilton County (Alabama) peaches the other day so I decided that we're having peach cobbler this weekend.  I CANNOT WAIT!  The peaches are so sweet and juicy!  I have never actually made a peach cobbler, but after a 2 state pinterest search with Mom via phone/the internet (got to love technology) I settled on a recipe that looks simple and delicious.  I think she even sold me on the idea of making individual cobblers in a muffin tin so I can freeze what we don't eat.  The woman is a genius I tell ya!


2. I am officially under a month in my countdown to my 10 year high school reunion, and it kinda freaks me out a little bit.  I am wondering if it will be an advantage or a disadvantage to me that I have sort of lost touch with high school people (except for what I see on facebook which kinda makes it even weirder I guess).  Is it even that big of a deal?  I think I am over analyzing this waaaaay too much.

Yes I still remember our class chant....I'm sure you remember yours, too.

3. I told myself that I would not go out any buy a new dress for the reunion because let's face it, I don't ever see any of the people I will see so why couldn't I wear an old dress.  But when I realized I only had a month to go before the reunion I went on autopilot and started searching online for dresses...and then I went out to one of these stores just to see what I could find.  Long story short I now have a new dress hanging in my closet that I may or may not wear to the reunion. Plus I have a 15% off sale items coupon to Belk sitting in my wallet that makes me feel like I HAVE to run by the mall on my way home just to see what they have. I can't help it that when I see sale prices on sale prices that make things 75%+ off that I can't resist!  Hi my name is Betsy and I have a serious addiction to sales on cute dresses.

 via
Option #1 perhaps with some fun jewelry and nude or brown pumps?

4. As of this week I am declaring myself officially back on the running bandwagon....and I am telling myself it has nothing to do with the impending reunion. Since Monday I have already put in 3 runs, so I will say I ran 3 of 5 weekdays (I am just going to go ahead and say running will NOT make it on my Friday evening agenda).  If I can just get back in the habit I will stick with it for a while.  I have no excuses to not run between now and October when basketball and dance start up and will consume my post-workday free time, so I am hoping I can just keep going.

via


5. I don't really have a #5 so we'll just do the Friday happy dance =)  Enjoy your weekend!
via


No comments: