The one I want to talk about today is Baked Southwest Egg Rolls. My mom found the recipe and sent it my way from this pin on pinterest. We were supposed to have them when we were up in MI (another post I have to get on--I have not forgotten!), but ran out of time to make while everyone was there. My brother's gf and I made them for ourselves, my dad and my brother the day before we all left. Unfortunately we were all so stuffed from everything else we'd eaten all week that we didn't eat too many of them. They were still in the back of my mind so I decided I would make them for dinner the other night.
They are vegetarian which I normally don't go for, but all of the delicious ingredients make up for it!
| original recipe |
1-12oz bag frozen corn, thawed
1-15oz can black beans
1-10oz bag frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 cups shredded Mexi-blend cheese
1-4oz can diced green chilis, drained
2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 package egg roll papers
*You can adjust the ingredient based on what you like or have on hand....I love love love cilantro and green onions so I doubled up on them and ended up leaving out the green chilies because they don't exist in small town Alabama.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine all ingredients, except for egg roll papers in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
Fill egg roll papers with about 1/4 cup of mixture and roll up. Don't know how to roll egg rolls? Try this tutorial.
Place seam-side down on a lightly greased pan, and spray a little cooking spray on the tops of the egg rolls.
Bake for 12-17 minutes, turning halfway through baking.
Serve with dipping sauce...guacamole and sour cream were our favorites!
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment