There is a county just north of us that is known for their peaches. They actually crown a peach queen and peach princesses every year.....they love them some peaches. Rightfully so because they grow some of the most delicious peaches ever! I had to go past there one day last week so I stopped in and purchased a few peaches since they are one of the few fruits that Eric will actually eat. When he saw them that night he immediately asked me to make peach cobbler. The only problem with that is that I have never made a peach cobbler. Lucky for me I have a recipe savvy Mom and Pinterest. We were literally on the phone with each other, while both of us were looking through pinterest for recipes. We'd pin one and the other would refresh the page so it would show up on our feed.....this my friends is the beauty of technology. We settled on one that sounded simple and delicious. I think I even inspired her to make one, too.
![]() |
| via |
What you need:
4-5 cups peeled and sliced or chopped peaches (I made mine bite-sized)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg (I grated mine fresh!)
dash of salt
Cobbler Layer
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup half -and-half
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
How to make it:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Peel and slice peaches (if using fresh peaches). A serrated-edged peeler works the best on peaches.
Place sliced/chopped peaches, 1/4 c sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dash of salt in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Spread in a greased 11"x 7" baking dish and set aside.
Combine flour, 1 c sugar, baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, and ginger in a large bowl. Stir well. (I used my Kitchen Aid Mixer.) In another bowl, whisk together half-and-half, melted butter, and egg. Stir well. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Pour batter over peach mixture.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour, or until lightly browned.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
| There she is in all of her golden brown goodness! |
...and if you turned your nose up at the sound of buttermilk pie earlier....don't knock it til you try it. It's the sweetest, most delicious pie you will every eat....EVER.


No comments:
Post a Comment