Well hello Thursday! It's nice to see you. I am quite pleased with how quickly you got here this week....preciatecha ;)
I have gone non stop this week , which I like because let's face it the busier I am this quicker the weekend comes! I have a few random things to talk about today so let's get to it, shall we?!
1. Adventure Dining is Back!
My old boss and I used to adventure dine at all kinds of random restaurants...part of the beauty of going to every random corner of your state for work. Since he's retited and I travel by myself for the most part, I usually just grab something and go....who wants to be the weirdo sitting all by themselves at a restaurant in a small town. That's the kinda stuff that gets you talked about by the locals! I had to go to Mobile yesterday and met up with some people from there for lunch at a little hole in the wall called the Dew Drop Inn. We got there at 11 and I am glad we did because the place was packed out by noon. They are known for their hotdogs, so I had to get one to eat, naturally. You can't tell from the picture, but they use the BRIGHT red hot dogs, which kind freaked me out a bit. Don't worry, it was delicious! They put chili and homemade saurkraut on their dogs, too. And those onion rings? Absolutely scrumptious! They were HUGE and crispy and actually had some seasoning in the batter! Plus it had a really neat diner-ey atmosphere!
2. How to follow up lunch at the Dew Drop....
My dinner last night? You're lookin at it! I followed by hot dog for lunch with a corn dog for dinner. When I am left to my own devices for dinner 90% of the time I will eat a corn dog. I love love love them. I can't help it. I buy them in bulk at Costco..... And that empty cannister on the right? You need some. Seriously. Go to your grocery store and buy one--they carry it in my teeny tiny town so chances are your grocery store carries it. There's plenty of flavors so I am sure you can find one you like. It's gelato. Don't think about the 220 calories per 1/2 cup while you are eating it. You won't care. I promise. The good news is that it's only a pint so you can't eat more than 1000 calories if you happen to eat the entire thing. =)
3. Mother Nature can Paint a Beautiful Canvas
I took these outside last night when I got back from walking the dogs. The sunset and cloud cover made fir a crazy pretty colored sky last night. I am sure my neighbors were wondernig what the weirdo with the IPad was doing running all over the yard and looking at the sky, but I couldn't help it! It was soooooo pretty!
4. Where's Hollow?
Can you find the Hollow Puppy in the pile of clothes? I promise I didn't put him there. He did it all by himself. I love my little burrowing puppies. =)
And that, my friends is my day yesterday in a nutshell. Happy Thursday!


No comments:
Post a Comment