Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekend Recap

After a weekend like this past one, I am really wishing I was still sitting next to the pool next to my hubby with the dogs playing around us, soaking up some sun. We had one of those weekends where relaxation was our #1 priority and good food and friends were plentiful!
This is what weekend perfection looks like in my book, in case you're wondering.
We started out our weekend with a cookout...what else?  We're cookout people, what can I say.  When I got home on Friday after work, Eric had chicken marinating in the fridge and had the house 85% clean.  I don't know about anyone else, but that right there is a foreshadowing of a GREAT weekend to me!  We finished up the floors in record time and I set to work on my peach cobbler.  I completely surprised myself and we ended up with an absolutely delicious dessert....so good in fact that it was GONE by the end of the night, which is why Eric picked up more peaches on Saturday morning and we had peach cobbler round #2 for lunch on Saturday.  Don't worry....the recipe will be shared very soon.  Part of the reason we ran out of cobbler was that we had a few people over...you didn't think we were that piggish, did you?!.  We ate, we laughed, and we finished off the night with a game of Celebrity....of course.  =)

Cobble Cobble!

Saturday Eric went fishing so I lounged around all morning until I realized it was cool enough to take the pups on a walk, which they loved, of course.  I made up my mind on my walk that I was going to run when I got back....that is until I saw the fresh peaches Eric brought home and making peach cobbler became MUCH more important, naturally.  By the time I 'd finished that our friends had made it over to hang out by the pool, so running kinda just never happened. #weekendproblems  Saturday night we headed out for a surprise birthday party/dinner at a place called Niffer's.  There are several of them around where we live.  I had never been to the one we went to, and was entranced by the awesome decor!  After stuffing ourselves silly we attempted to continue the night at a bar down the street from the restaurant.  UNfortunately we were all so full from dinner...they had amazing hamburgers and corn nuggets....that we only stayed for a beer and ended up going home and crashing.

Sunday morning Eric went fishing again (what else would he do?) and I went to church.  I got back from church and decided to take on the weeds in my flower beds.  I have been slacking on them lately because it's been so hot, so I just bit the bullet and did it. It didn't end up taking me nearly as long as I thought it would.  My beds are almost completely full of flowers...FINALLY, so the weeding work is minimal. I had all of the beds weeded and had all of the weeds bagged in under 2 hours. I rewarded myself with a plunge in the pool in my shorts and sports bra....this is reason #342 why I love having a pool in the backyard.  We spent the afternoon relaxing by the pool and finished up the weekend with some grilled deer burgers. I'm not gonna lie, burgers 2 nights in a row made me happy happy happy!

1. The servers's station at NIffer's.  It's just like the tables Mom has been making!  I loved it!
2. Dinner was seriously amazing....a big fat hamburger, cajun fries, corn nuggets, fried pickles (the best fried pickle spears I have ever had), and onion rings!
3. The lights in the room we ate in at Niffer's....someone had a blast decorating this place!
4. "Here mom, take my ball."
5. Fabulous dinner company!
6. Peanut is an expert at finding shade...and he loves the height of our new pool loungers. 
7. Sunshine in the summertime. 
8.  Hollow prefers the less confined areas of shade.  
9.  A boy and his dog playing fetch in the pool.

I am glad we were able to have such a relaxing weekend because this week is going to be a doozie!  We've got our 3 Year Anniversary on Wednesday, a late graduation/going away party at our house on Thursday, and a little Memphis time planned for the weekend, so we'll be going non-stop.....and I am so excited about it!

No comments: