Monday, November 25, 2013

The Weekend I Became a Ninja Turtle

Oh Monday, you came waaaay to fast for me this time around, especially since I could not bring myself to turn off the Broncos/Patriots game last night and FINALLY went to bed when it ended around 11:30pm.  I just keep reminding myself that this is only a 2 day week and then it will be nothing but family, fun, football, food, and Black Friday shopping for 5 days!  I cannot wait!

This was one of those weeks that just seemed to keep going.  After not being home before 8pm a single night this week, it finally wound down Saturday evening.  Friday we had a basketball game and picked up our first WIN of the season 41-26!  It was awesome. I was so proud of the girls!  They played so hard, and I am completely convinced that if we'd made 1/2 of the shots that we missed, we could have won the game by 40.  There was no rest for the weary because we had to turn around and play again Saturday afternoon.  The team we played Saturday is really quick and physical, but we hung with them in the first half.  We we down 19-13 going in to halftime, but we ran out of steam in the second half and ended up losing by 15. Once again I was so excited about how we played and I know we can build off that loss.  We have so much potential this year it's crazy.  This freshman class we have came to play and they are so exciting to watch.  I am convinced that with a little refining this group is going to do great things.

Saturday night we went to the neighbors for a few hours.  We ate grilled things and I played ninja turtles with my favorite 4 year old.  Sometimes you just need to act like a kid, and that's exactly what I did. =)  We called it a night early and went home to crash.

Just hanging out Ninja Turtle style. 
 I decided I didn't' want to be stuck cooking in the kitchen all day Wednesday and Thursday, so I got a jump on my desserts Sunday afternoon and I have White Chocolate Snickerdoodles, English Toffee Cookies, a Buttermilk Pie, and a Pecan Pie done.  However a big little mouse decided he couldn't just let a pecan pie sit on the counter staring at him so it's now 1/4 gone.  Luckily Mom is bringing one, too. I was on a cooking roll last night and even made some HOMEMADE Chicken and Dumplings for the first time in my life.  They were delicious!  Wham Bam Thank you, Ma'am. It was a chilly night and Eric was hunting, so it was the perfect comfort food to warm us up.

1. It doesn't look like much but those homemade chicken and dumplings were delicious!
2. You can't beat fresh homemade pecan pie!
To say I am excited for Thanksgiving is an understatements.  It's probably my favorite holiday because of all of the wonderful food, fun times with family, not to mention it's when we got engaged in 2009 (so that helps it's case)!  I am so ready for it to get here!!!

No comments: