Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Weekend Recap

I know, I know, I 'm a whole day late with this weekend recap, but yesterday was crazy.  I somehow ended up walking out the door without my basketball bag, among other things, and I felt like I was playing catch up all day.  You would think that an extra hour of sleep would be advantageous to me, but it's apparently had the opposite effect.   So let's get to it, shall we?

1. Pre-Game
2. Coach Cagle (and his long lost twin the the hat) imparting some of their football wisdom on his players.
3. I saw some Apple and Caramel Wine from Gallo Family at the store Friday and decided I wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately it reminded me of cough syrup.  I tried really hard to make it through a glass but couldn't.  However, it might just be me because I pulled the bottle out on Saturday night and several people liked it.  I should have bought the Duck Dynasty wine instead.
4. Hot Jalapeno Corn Dip....this stuff is amazing.
5. This week's cookie creation: Chocolate Chip Pecan...delish!
6. We even did some hot dog grilling.  There's nothing better than a hotdog that has been wrapped up in foil for a little while after it's been taken off the grill.  That smokey flavor of the dog and warm bun are an amazing combination!
7. The heaters were going strong again on Saturday night.  They are seriously one of the best additions we've made to the porch.
8. Sweet puppy dogs.  Don't let their sweet faces fool you, they'd been aggravating each other all day, and when I got onto them they cuddled up like this.
9. Kudos to the Walmart employee who made this happen.  Ping Pong balls right next to the beer...give that person employee of the month!
I started out the weekend with a football game, what else? We were playing our next-town-over rival, so it was an exciting game, to say the least.  Don't worry though, after a shaky first half the boys took care of business and ended up winning 36-14.  Play-offs start this week and we're playing about an hour and a half away from home on Friday.  It shouldn't be too bad of a drive, though.  It amazes me how well this school travels (for football). I am pretty sure we outnumber the fans in the home stands at away games about 3/4 of the time.

Saturday was pretty typical as well, working/cleaning in the AM and football all afternoon/evening.  Of course I put together another fabulous batch of cookies.  I told Eric I was going back to the basics after a few weeks of not-so-typical cookie recipes, and threw together some plain ole chocolate chip with pecans (a requested addition from Eric) cookies for the occasion.  They were delicious.  Eric said he had the rest of the meal taken care of which meant he had a bunch of meat to throw on the grill, so I ended up throwing together a hot corn dip that was absolutely delicious (recipe coming later this week)!  It will be making it's way into my game-day recipe rotation for future Saturdays.

Sunday was your average church/lunch at Eric's grandma's/him off to film/me left to my own devices kind of day.  It was a good thing, too, because despite the extra hour of sleep that I got the night before I was absolutely exhausted.  I think I spent 2 straight hours laying on the couch dozing which is NOT normal for me.  I finally decided to get my lazy butt up to take the puppies on a walk because it was such a beautiful day.  Since it's playoff week Eric was at film a lot later than usual, so by the time he got home it was dark and we were sleepy so we were lame and went to bed because apparently that's what you do when you're in your late 20s.  I'm not going to lie, I didn't mind at all. =)

No comments: