Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend Recap: Basketball, Gelato, and Snoozing Pups

Don't worry you're in the right place!  I've been thinking about re-doing this little site-o-mine for a little while now, but I was not sure what I wanted to do with it. I finally made up my mind this week and viola!  I love it!  I've been wanting to add the phrase "A Little Bit Yankee. A Little Bit Y'all." for a while now, ever since spring break when I found my koozie that says that. I feel like it totally explains me, and it explains us and which is what this little blog is all about.

So it's Monday, again.  But it's game week!  Whoop Whoop!  We have 3 this week and I am so excited about them!
1. Went back for more Chicken Salad Chick on Friday for lunch....Nutty Nana on a Croissant.....delicious!
2. What time is it?  Game time!
3. This is what life with burrowing puppies...my clean laundry pile turns into a burrow tower.
4. The entire contents of those 2 empty cabinets.  I am wondering how the cabinets didn't fall off the wall with all that stuff in there!
5. Chicago-Style Pizza....it's what's for dinner (and lunch and dinner again) when your husband is out of town for the weekend.
6. It's baaaaaack!  My grocery store put their Talenti Gelato on sale again this week and they have a new flavor....Peppermint Bark!  
I got myself in the mood for basketball on Friday.  Two of my old college teammates were coaching in a tip-off tournament, and since Eric was on a fishing get-a-way this weekend I decided to go watch their team play and do a little scouting because a team that played the game before them is a team we play in a few weeks.  Watching games really got me excited about games!

Saturday I spent the morning on the couch watching tv and performing a bloggy facelift. I finally decided to get out of my pajamas around 12ish. I took the puppies on a walk, watched a little football [can you believe the end of the Auburn game?!], and went to Saturday night church. I finished off my night with a deep dish pizza, a glass of wine, and some Peppermint Bark Gelato.

Since I was on the ball and went to church on Saturday, I got to sleep in on Sunday-that is until the pups decided it was time for me to get up, which was approximately 7am.  Since I didn't clean on Saturday I had that to take care of, I even got a little wild and cleaned out our spice cabinets.  I'm not saying we have a lot of spices and seasonings, but I threw away an entire garbage bag full of out dated stuff and still have a ton left over.  At least I don't have to set things on the edge of the cabinet and hope it doesn't pop open anymore. =)  Eric got home and we vegged all afternoon and evening.  It was the first lazy Sunday we've had in forever and I loved every minute of it.

And now it's Monday and I really really wish I were at home snoozing with these knuckleheads instead!

No comments: