![]() |
| 1. Friday's lunch from the Chicken Salad Chick. I had never eaten there before but I WILL be back. I had Nutty Nana with cashews and pecans, Sassy Scotty with Ranch, bacon, cheddar cheese. They have 15 different kinds of chicken salad and they all sound heavenly! 2. Dip #1 from this weekend: Pizza Dip...this recipe will be coming to you this week, I promise. 3. This pretty much sums up Monday morning at our house. 4. Dip #2 from this weekend was Tequila Jalapeno Crab Dip. It was a lit spicier than I was expecting but it was really good. If you are a fan of seafood dips, it's worth a try. I added artichokes to mine, because we love artichokes and it was delicious! 5. I decided I needed not one but 2 red holiday cups on Friday evening. The short one was my Skinny Peppermint Mocha, and the tall one was my peppermint hot chocolate for the football game that went in the thermos immediately after this picture. 6. I made my Butterfinger Cookies this weekend and was disappointed. I hadn't made them since Eric was in the desert 4 years ago and we both remembered them being a lot softer than they were. I am thinking I must have wrote the recipe down wrong? Don't get me wrong, they were delicious, but they were missing something. 7. Small town pride or bored grocery store employees? You tell me. |
Saturday was spent gearing up for the Alabama-LSU game. I made several goodies and we had a crowd on the porch for the game. Bama pulled off another impressive win. It left our Auburn-fan friends chomping at the bit for the Iron Bowl in a few weeks. Saturday night took so much out of us that we didn't wake up until 10:30 on Sunday morning. I honestly cannot remember the last time I slept that late. I guess we really needed our beauty sleep.
| In case you are wondering, yes I am the oldest alumni in the picture. Every class since 2007 (my class) is represented here, too! |
![]() |
| Left: Some of my girls. Love them, Right: Our sweet t-shirts. |
I feel like I failed as a veteran's wife by not posting a thank you to all of the servicemen and women yesterday, so I am going to make up for it today. Thank you to all of the servicemen and women and their families for all they do for our country, especially to both of my grandfathers, my uncle, my great-aunt, and of course my wonderful hubby. They truly are some of the most amazing and bravest people I know. I have never really talked much about when Eric was overseas because to be honest I try to forget it. It was such a hard time for me, and I don't like to dwell on the hard times. Thank goodness he was only gone for 5 months. I can't imagine how loved ones back home handle having their soldiers overseas for a year or more at a time.
I have never shared this picture before because it brings back so many memories. This was the morning he flew out to the desert. His aunt wanted to take a picture of us. I was trying to hold it together, but failing miserably. It was one of the hardest good-byes I have ever had to say. Lucky for us it was just a temporary see-you-later and he came home a few months later. So thank you again to all of the wonderful people who have served in the armed forces, and to those who risk their lives to protect our freedom on a daily basis, and thank you to their families back home who make daily sacrifices while their loved ones are away.



No comments:
Post a Comment