I really hope that your weekend was a pretty as ours was. If it wasn't I feel sorry for you. We had probably one of the most beautiful fun weekends we've had in a while. It started off Friday with house cleaning--but don't worry it only got better from there!
 |
| Any weekend I can spend with this guy is a great weekend in my book! P.S. Check out the cutest photobomber ever in the background! |
Saturday morning we hosted my PEO group for a meeting and lunch. I say we because Eric, being the sweet, wonderful man that he is fried fish for us. We put out a spread of fish and grits, coleslaw, spinach dip, buttermilk pie, and pecan pie. The only thing left was a little bit of coleslaw (which was understandable considering Eric made a triple batch), and a small container of spinach dip. The ladies loved it and said they could not wait to come back again! But brunch was just the beginning of our day because an hour after we had everything cleaned up we headed down the road (literally) to a "Good Ole Southern Style Hitchin'" according to the invitation, and that's exactly what it was. The wedding was in the middle of a field and the seats were rocking chairs, gliders, stools, and Adirondack chairs that were all made by the groom's dad. Eric opted to dress down for the wedding and wear just khakis and a polo and ended up being one of the nicest dressed guys there, we figured that out pretty quick when we realized the groom was wearing shorts. It was a short and sweet ceremony and then everyone rode the tractor across the street to the reception that was in their front yard. Eric got to see several friends from high school that he had not seen in 10 years and we had a great time. Next up was Eric's Dad's 60th birthday celebration. We left the wedding and headed to a restaurant that had some of the best seafood I've had around here. I got one of the biggest and most delicious grilled grouper filets I've had, while Eric tore up some oysters. I think his dad had a great time with friends and family. With everything he's had going on health wise for the past year I know he was glad to see 60. He's been on the mend for the last couple of months and I think things are only going up from here for him!
 |
| The wedding ceremony set-up. I mean how gorgeous is this!? |
Sunday I was up early while Eric's night fishing marathon finally caught up with him and he slept in. I had to time to go to church, walk the dogs, play in my flower gardens for a little while before he poked his head out the back door. We then proceeded to spend the entire day outside and it was glorious! We started off with a traditional Brazilian lunch cooked by our friend (who is from Brazil) and his Mom who is visiting from Brazil. It was amazing! Brazilians definitely know how to eat! I think my favorite part is that they put pico de gallo on almost everything! The Master's was up next, I wish we'd actually been there, but sitting in the carport watching it outside was the next best thing. We spent the rest of the afternoon fishing with some friends in the pond in our neighborhood, and ended the evening with a grilled chicken and Saturday brunch leftovers for dinner on the back porch. I told Eric I didn't think we could have packed anything else into the weekend if we'd tried. I am so glad that spring is here for real and we can start doing this ever weekend!
 |
1. Friday night's dinner...Shrimp Tacos. I picked up the shrimp at Costco Friday afternoon, it's already cooked and marinated in cilantro-lime marinade....so good! 2. A close up of the ceremony space...check out the chairs! 3. The super creative, hilarious groom's cake. If that's not country, I don't know what is. 4. Our birthday boy blowing out the candles on his cake. The cake was some kind of pound cake with cream cheese icing and was sooooo good! 5. Peanut "helping" with the flower beds. 6. After the birthday celebration on Saturday night we stopped by the local watering hole so Eric could play a little pool. 7. I love love love swings, so while we were waiting on lunch to get ready on Sunday I took advantage of the kids' swing set behind the house. 8. Our traditional Brazilian lunch: boneless chicken thighs stuffed with ham and mozzarella cheese, rice, Brazilian Potato Salad with carrots and peas in it, pico de gallo, and a root filler topping. It was all so good! I am usually a pretty picky eater, but I am so glad I just decided to go for it and get a little bit of everything. 9. I got in on the kids' fishing action and caught 3 blue gills on 3 casts. When you're good, you're good. What can I say? |
Needless to say I crashed quite early last night after all of the fun we had. It's supposed to thunderstorm all day here and get cold tomorrow which made going back to work a little bit easier this morning. I might have had to extend my weekend if it had stayed nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment