Let's jump right to it, shall we?
1
 |
| Needless to say, we skipped dinner this night. |
On Wednesday Eric was in town around lunchtime, so we met up for lunch at one of our favorite places when we were in college called Derk's (It's official name is
Derk's Filet and Vine, but we've always called it Derk's). It's a tiny local place that has THE BEST meat and three lunch I've ever had. I am not a huge fan of meat and three places because they almost always have a choice of fried/smothered meats and very traditional southern veggies (cabbage, greens, sweet potato casserole-basically things I don't like), but Derk's is totally different. They always have a selection of grilled meats...I had Chicken Marsala the other day, and I get so overwhelmed when we get to their veggie selection that I have to pick super quick before I have too much time to think about it. I am really hoping that since Eric will be in town once a week due to their new store opening that we will get to do a weekly lunch date!
2
I thought this year was going to be the year that the wedding rush really slowed down for us. Most of our college friends are married now, so I was thinking we'd have one maybe two tops this summer to attend. Boy was I mistaken. We aren't even through with April and we've already been to one and have three, possibly four more to go to before the end of May! It's a good thing we're wedding fans because we will be celebrating a good bit in the next few weeks...and I will be plate-making like a crazy person this weekend.
3
 |
| This is how you know you're loved. |
Speaking of weddings, my friend who got married a few weeks ago got back from her Honeymoon this past week so my friends and I decided to welcome her back in style by decorating her cubie for her. We might have gotten a little too into it but it was so much fun! I think my favorite part was her desk key. She is a HUGE Bama fan so we took down all of her Bama memoribilia and put it in her cabinet, then we taped her desk key underneath her desk. It took her a day to realize that it was all missing, but we were all gone when she realized it. The next morning I put an Auburn football trivia word jumble on her desk which she had to solve in order to find the key. It was hilarious!
4
 |
| Quite possibly the prettiest dinner I've ever made. You can find the recipe here. |
I got creative in the kitchen this week and made my first
Stromboli. To be honest I didn't realize what I was getting into really until I was assembling everything. Thankfully it all turned out amazing! I stuffed them with BBQ chicken, caramelized onions, broccoli, spinach, cheddar, and Gouda cheese and they were HUGE...like so huge we have yet to eat more than half of one each in a single sitting. I already have had requests for Stromboli with pizza stuffing, which will happen soon!
5
I am pretty sure this has been one of the longest weeks I have had in a while and I am looking forward to a lazy, relaxing weekend. Eric was up early fishing a tournament this morning...in the pouring rain...so I am almost positive we will be doing next to nothing this evening....I can't wait! After our full weekend
last weekend we deserve an easy weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment