Monday, April 21, 2014

Weekend Recap

These Mondays are really starting to cramp my style. Just when I get into the flow of the weekend Monday rolls around and I have to abandon my tank tops, shorts, and tennis shoes and go back to work....ugh.  The good news is once we get through the next 5 days we have a really fun extended weekend coming up!

Around here on Friday it rained and rained and rained a little more.  It was raining when I left for work at 6:15am, it poured while I ran errands at lunchtime, it poured on my way home, and it was still raining when we went to bed.  After fishing a tournament Friday morning (in the pouring rain) Eric was exhausted and soaked to the bone.  Needless to say we opted for dinner and a movie at the house Friday night.  We rented Grudge Match, which was a pretty funny movie-and I tried out a Papa John's copy cat recipe.  We loved the sauce, but the crust was just alright. I think we'll go back to the Mellow Mushroom crust recipe next time. We called it a night pretty early and slept in on Saturday.  Somehow I ended up spending the majority of the day in the kitchen getting things ready for the cookout we had Saturday night.  I whipped up a couple more buttermilk pies, some pimento cheese (which we will have in the form a grilled cheese tonight-FINALLY!), and some Buffalo Chicken Dip-per Eric's request. The conversation went like this:

Eric: Can you make some kind of a dip for tonight?
Me: Sure. I can put something together.  What kind do you want?
Eric: Whatever you want to make.
Me: I think I have everything for some spinach dip like a made last weekend.
Eric: (halfheartedly) Yeah, whatever you want to make.
Me: Is there a certain dip you want me to make?
Eric: Just make whatever kind you want to make.
Me: Do you want me to make some Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Eric: (excitedly) Oh yeah that'd be great!  
Me: Stop by the store and get me some cream cheese, some ranch dressing, and some boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  You better be glad I picked up a bottle of Budweiser Wing Sauce the other day.  

That boy LOVES some Buffalo Chicken Dip!  He told me that night that he was pretty sure he could eat the entire 9" x 13" pan by himself in one sitting....I think it's safe to say he has a mild obsession with the stuff.  The cookout was a success.  We had deer burgers, deer tenderloin, plus everything else I made that morning-except for the pimento cheese which we hid in the back of the fridge because we're food hoarders.  =)

Easter morning we slept in and then headed to Eric's grandma's for lunch.  She had an amazing spread for lunch, of course.  When we got home I played in the flower beds. During my grocery store excursion on Saturday I drove by the store that has the best plants in town and had 2 flats of flowers jump into my car.  It's amazing how that happens. I decided to do some flower borders this year since I lost several plants due to the cold winter we had. I ended up planting 42 baby plants Sunday afternoon and I could not be happier with the result.  We finished off our Easter with dinner with Eric's parents and a puppy dog walk....the perfect ending to what ended up being a gorgeous weekend!

1. Our trash can on Friday night...It started out on the other side of the driveway and it was upright.
2. Papa John's copy cat pizza; it's whats for dinner.
3. Eric getting a guitar lesson on Saturday night.
4. No we didn't adopt another pup.  This sweet face belongs to Eric's Dad.  Her name is Lady Belle and she is precious!  It's a miracle that I got a decently clear picture of her because she is a ball of energy and does NOT like to sit still!
5. My haul of garden pretties that I put in the ground on Sunday.
6. One of the borders I did with the flowers....this one is Sun Coleus and Salvia.  Because of the trees and how our house is situated I have to abandon my symmetry obsession when it come to flower beds because one half of the house gets shade most of the day and the other half gets sun, which means I have to use different flowers on different sides.
7. I realized Sunday night that I need to spend more time relaxing outside. So far this year I have been either working in the garden or walking the boys which means I am wearing socks and tennis shoes.  This has resulted in quite the farmer's tan on my feet. Hopefully the weather will stay warm from now on so we can open the pool and I can get some sun on these babies!

Here's to a quick-paced week (which will never happened now that I said that).  Bring it on Monday!

No comments: