I realized the other day that it's been a while since we've undertaken a new DIY project. Sure I've made lots of fun
recipes, and I done a few quick projects here and there, but I feel like I'm getting the itch to do a new big
project.
I've always loved pallet furniture, and have always wanted to do a pallet project, but I just don't know what I want to make. I don't want something too complicated, just something we could put together in a weekend or two.
Here are some of my favorites:
The Corner Shelf
I love this idea for inside the home for plants. I don't have any real plants inside because I am paranoid and I am afraid that the dogs will try to eat them and get sick. This would be a great way to incorporate them into the decor without the monsters getting into them.
The Hutch
I really love this idea. I want a hutch for our kitchen so bad I can't stand it. Unfortunately the current furniture arrangement in our kitchen won't allow for one space-wise. We will have to replace the kitchen table (which I have been ready to do for a while now) and we can't seem to come to an agreement on what kind of a table to get.
The Outdoor Garden
Another item I would love to have at our home. I want a vegetable garden like 3 years ago. I have tried growing veggies in pots on the back porch which yielded about 20 jalapeno peppers and one small tomato a few summers ago. I can grow herbs in pots no problem, but other veggies need a little more room. Something like this would keep them all together and keep us from having to dig up the yard to put in another bed.
The Vertical Garden
I really like this idea for an herb garden. As I said I have several planters full of herbs, but they're all currently sitting under our tea olive tree, which I am pretty sure Eric likes because it means he doesn't have to mow right up under it. I really like the idea of being able to display them, though, because they are pretty plants.
The High Table and Stools
This might be my favorite idea of all of them. It would certainly be the most involved, but I can already picture one of these babies on our back porch. I love love love a high table (my dream kitchen table would be this way). Maybe because I am tall? Plus I could totally imagine the table top and stools covered in
bottle tops! How cool would that be?!
No comments:
Post a Comment