We actually managed to do very little on Sunday, which was just what we needed. That afternoon Eric decided that he had to have a Greek pizza cooked on his Big Green Egg grill for dinner. I made up some pizza dough and made a quick run to the store for some mushrooms, feta cheese and Kalamata Olives. We topped it with an extra virgin olive oil/balsamic vinegar/minced garlic mixture, some crushed tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, some Italian herbs and spices, onions, along with the mushrooms, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and some tomatoes from the garden. It turned out great! Very tasty! I was a little hesitant to let him put my Pampered Chef baking stone on the grill (and told him if anything happened to it he would be getting me a new one), but it held up pretty well and is even more seasoned now!
Sunday night we had a storm roll through (which is very common this time of year). For the 3rd time this week, the winds blew my poor tomato plant over, so had to wedge it up against the house. Thankfully a nice rain storm followed the winds. After the rain came through Eric really wanted some ice cream (I have decided he considers it it's own food group). I was not really feeling it, but he convinced me and we loaded up the puppy dogs and headed to Dairy Queen for some mini-blizzard action. Boy am I glad we went. Had we not gone, we would have missed the most incredible rainbow I have ever seen. Not only was it a double rainbow, we could actually see the entire rainbow (both ends!), which I don't recall ever seeing before.
I tried to get the whole thing in one picture but it was too big, so here is the middle.
This was one end of it. The colors were SO bright!
That glow is the other end of the bright rainbow and just to the left of it you can see a more faint rainbow.
No comments:
Post a Comment