Friday, June 3, 2011

This Week's Couponing

My grand total for savings this week was 100%! 

No, I have not gone all TLC Extreme Couponing.  I simply have not been to the grocery store.  We were out of town for Memorial Day and we are heading back to the beach for a wedding this weekend, so decided that we could simply eat off of what we already have for most of last week and this week.  So far it has worked our fairly well for us.  We have not gone hungry and only ate out one night, only because I had been in Birmingham and Huntsville all day for work and did not get home until after 6pm.  Needless today I was NOT cooking after a 12 hour work day.

It was nice to be able to use what we had stocked up already.  Last night we had some Trigger Fish that we caught this weekend and froze.  It was soooo good.  I am sure we will be eating off of the fish we have from that trip and hopefully we will be able to bring home some Red Snapper this weekend if the boys get a chance to go out and catch any.

My goal is to not go back to the grocery store until Tuesday of next week (Monday is a holiday for me--yay!--so I going to try to avoid having to drive into Montgomery).  Publix has a couple of new ads and promos out this week, plus I will be able to rack up on the 1st Sunday of the month coupons before I go, so hopefully it will be a great trip!

No comments: