Thursday, June 9, 2011

We have veggies!

Our "little" garden is still growing like crazy!  The tomato is clearly taller than its stand, the rosemary and thyme are growing like weeds, and I have 3 nice sized jalapeños.   Last time I counted we had about 14 or 15 small to medium sized tomatoes on the vine, all but one are still green at right now so they are still growing, but that will most likely change in the next week or so.  The only thing that is struggling is the cilantro.  I am not sure if it gets too much sun where it is or maybe I should have cut the little flowers off when they appeared, but it is really tall and stringy and almost completely dried out at this point.  I may will need a do-over with that one.  

We were gone for almost 5 days (if you count Friday and Tuesday which I worked but we traveled both of those days so I was not home at all) over Memorial Day Weekend and I was worried about them by the time we got home because we are in the middle of a heat wave right now and I did not think to get anyone to water them.  Oops!  They were all pretty pathetic but have recovered nicely.  

The garden.

On the bright side, I am pleased to announce that we have our first official harvest from the garden!  
We have a ripe tomato!  

The jalapeños look ready to pick, too, but I am trying REALLY hard to wait until I have a few more tomatoes so I can make salsa. 


No comments: