![]() |
| via |
I knew this was going to be a crazy week. Between work, coaching 3 basketball games, hosting a cookout, teaching a dance class, oh and you know, taking care of the house (laundry, dishes, etc.), I had mentally prepared myself to be overwhelmed and I was ready to tackle it head on. Throw in a pretty rough loss in our first basketball game, a couple of work crises and a tornado passing through downtown yesterday and my week went from overwhelming to just let me get through it. I don't like to dwell on the negative things in life, but there came a point yesterday as I was sitting on the first floor of the 24 story I work in (I was not staying on the 11th story when there was a possible tornado outside), I was sitting there thinking things have to get better. They had to. I had a brief conversation with God and told him that I was not sure how much more I could take in one day. I understood that He was testing me, and that I knew that all of these things were happening for a reason. I said I would be patient and just ride it all out. Put my big girl panties on and deal with whatever came my way, if you will.
And just as quickly as things got bad they started to get better, they did. The work problems solved themselves and ended up being no big deal, Montgomery escaped major storm damage, and by the time I got home from basketball and teaching dance, all seemed to be right with the world. Eric and I even had time to run to Montgomery for dinner and to run a couple of errands. I went to bed last night and said a little prayer of thanks for all of the blessings I've been given, and hoping that tomorrow would be a much better day........
........I got up this morning ready to go. I was a little ticked off that my alarm clock didn't go off again (2nd time this week!), but glad that I had woken up almost on time. I got ready and went into the kitchen to grab my coffee, feed the dogs and head out the door. That's when I heard the coffee pot click on and I looked at the clock and realized it was 5:15 AM. I guess God has a sense humor and wanted to prove that today would be better than yesterday be letting me start my day an hour early.....I also think it's time for a new, more reliable alarm clock!

No comments:
Post a Comment