We fried some turkeys Thanksgiving morning....7 turkeys to be exact. That was in addition to the 4 turkeys Eric fried earlier in the week. Being the innovative thinker he is, he realized he could fry two turkeys at one time if he used his 100 quart shrimp boil pot, which he did.
Beer Bottle/Turkey Pot Comparison....thanks Matt.
Fry turkeys fry!
Because it was absolutely beautiful day on Thanksgiving day we all were hanging around outside, so I decided to show off my new-found bow-shooting ability. I do not plan on bow-hunting any time soon, I still do not have a desire to sit in a stand high up off the ground being quiet for long periods of time in cold weather, but I enjoy shooting in the backyard for 15 mins or so =).
We had Thanksgiving dinner with Eric's family and took everyone with us. It was the first time we'd had both families together since the wedding last July, so it was nice to get us all together again.
Friday morning, Mom, Sarah and I were up and out of the house by 6 AM for some Black Friday shopping while the boys hunted and golfed. We decided to skip the midnight sales since we were not after any big ticket items, but we still found tons of great deals that we had to take advantage of. After 8 hours of shopping, we decided to call it quits for the day and headed home.
Saturday we had a few things to take back to some stores before the Iron Bowl, so we (the girls) headed back to Montgomery and found a few more deals we could not pass up at the mall. We skipped the mall on Friday because the parking lots were completely full and we were tired. Saturday was a different story. It was like a typical Saturday at the mall, but with even better deals! We watched the game Saturday afternoon and cheered the Crimson Tide to a victory. They are now sitting pretty and just have to wait and see what the polls say after all of the conference championships this weekend. I am feeling an Alabama-LSU rematch coming on!
We even managed to sneak in a few family photos after the game...
The boys thoroughly enjoyed all of the company around the house. They even got new fun toys to play with!
Why chew on just one tennis ball when you can have an entire bag?!
I have never seen Peanut bury anything until this weekend. He buried his bone twice and dug it up both times like the dog in that Travelers Insurance commercial. Too cute!
We were sad that everyone had to leave to go back home Sunday. I am so thankful that I have such an incredible family! Can't wait til the next get-together!







No comments:
Post a Comment