Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Little Like Christmas!

I would love to say that it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around our house, but with our busy schedules that just is not the case yet.  I have always been a stickler for having a real Christmas tree.  I think it stems from the fond memories I have of loading the family up in the truck and heading to a Christmas Tree Farm to pick out and cut down our tree.  For our first Christmas as a married couple I begged convinced Eric last year to let us get a real tree.  He obliged and we ended up with a beautiful vintage looking tree!

Our 2010 Christmas Tree

I really wanted to get another real tree this year.  Yes I know they are more work to decorate, but stringing the lights is completely worth it to me. I saw a fabulous deal on Christmas trees at Costco while we were out Black Friday shopping!  I told Eric about it and he said we'd get one soon.  He surprised me with a tree on Monday when I got home from basketball practice.  I cam home and it was already up in the living room!

Our 2011 Christmas Tree

I only have 2 ornaments on it so far, but those were the only 2 that were not in the attic with the rest of the Christmas stuff.  I pulled the rest of the stuff down yesterday so that I can start decorating it!

I did find the puppy dogs' Christmas outfits when I pulled everything out of the attic, so I decided to see if they would humor me and keep them on for more than 30 seconds this year.  To my surprise they didn't pull them off immediately, although Peanut tried to eat his hat and his coat before I got his outfit on him.  Usually I am totally opposed to dressing up dogs, but these outfits made me laugh so hard when I got them on the dogs.

Aren't they adorable?!  

I know they look miserable and don't worry the outfits came off as soon as I got the pictures taken.  I am so excited that the Christmas season is finally here!

No comments: