Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday's Letters

Happy Happy Friday!  I may have only been in the office 2 days this week but I am still soooooo glad that Friday has come again.  We had quite a whirlwind weekend last weekend (that I will be recapping soon, promise) so I am looking forward to chilling this weekend.  Here's a pic of Eric and I from this past weekend...can you guess what we did???? [Hint: Eric wears dress pants and ties for only one type of occasion].


Now on to my letters for the week:

Dear Eric, I know football technically got started in June and has been ongoing for a good 2 months but it is REALLY getting started today with Tiger Night tonight!  I know you are excited (even if you like to play it cool and act like it's NBD--I know you better than that).

Dear Football Season, Now that the Olympics are over and am REALLY REALLY excited for you to be here!  I have all of the important schedules (THS and Huntingdon College of course!) on my calendar with games we will be attending marked, as well as my SEC and BIG 10 Helmet Schedules on my cabinet.  I am ready to roll!

Dear Flower Beds, You guys are looking fantastic! Keep growing little flowers!  I promise I will take good care of you so you can stay pretty!

Dear Mom, Thanks for helping me get my flower beds looking so pretty!  I had sooooooo much fun when you and Dad were down last weekend.  I am soooo looking forward to these visits being more frequent when y'all get back down south!

Dear Dad, Ditto (see Mom's letter above--except for the flower bed thing, although you did a fabulous job moving my azalea and my day lilies).  I hope you had a fabulous first week back down south!  I'm so proud of you! P.S. You may get a drop in visit from your only favorite daughter when you least expect it!  I can do that now that you're a car ride away! Muahaha!

Dear Guest Bathroom, I have decided that you may a new coat of paint in the next few weeks.  I am completely over the eggshell that I have been slowly removing from our house over the past 2.5 years....I am thinking some shade of blue, k?

Dear Peanut, If I catch you eating out of Hawk's bowl one more time I am going to have to take action.  You are on a diet and it will not work unless you stop snacking chunky monkey!

Dear Hawk, I am sorry your leg seems to be hurting.  I don't like it when you are mopey.  I make sure you get extra puppy treats and car rides (and I might even share my ice cream with you) this weekend to make you feel better!

Dear Self, We need to get our road rage back under control.  We lost it not once, but twice yesterday.  It is not good for your husband to think you are a lunatic who yells at cars in the parking deck....Let's do better today, k?

Pick me up Mom! I wanna snuggle with you on the couch!
Happy Friday!  


Photobucket

2 comments:

Amy said...

Stopping by from the linkup & I'm your newest follower! :) Love your letters! My parents helped us with our flowerbeds, too! :) I'm so lucky they know what they are doing! lol!

Would love to have you stop by & say hi!
lukeandamysmith.blogspot.com

CWY said...

So happy to see someone else from Alabama in the blogging world. I am a transplant living in D.C. now. I immediately noticed Huntington College in your letters. Happy Friday!

Christa
Significance or Nothing.