I have a confession to make. I took my anniversary present back. I know that sounds terrible, but I had some serious buyer's remorse. Last week for our anniversary Eric and I bought each other new running shoes (romantic, I know but VERY practical). I went with the newest version of my favorite running shoes....the
Mizuno Wave Creation. I love love love these shoes. They fit my feet like a glove! The only thing I don't like about them is the price tag...they went up to $150 this year...OUCH. For the sake of my tootsies I bought them and went on my way. However, being the
cheapskate sale shopper I am I decided to do some investigating the next day and found last year's model (the ones I was looking to replace because I'd worn them out) on
DSW's website for $99! Because I have a DSW Rewards card with them I got Free Shipping AND 500 extra rewards points (which =$10 coupons once you save up enough points!). It was a total win for me. Not to mention I like the shoe colors better! I am NOT a bright white shoe kinda girl....white shoes + big feet = enormous looking feet. I like the purple silver combo I got a lot better.
My shoes FINALLY came in the mail yesterday (I only ordered them last Weds so it was less than a week but I was so ready to get them!), and I could not wait to get them on and go for a run!
 |
| Ready to hit the treadmill! bad photo angle....I promise I don't have cankles in real life. |
Since it is absurdly hot and humid in Alabama right now, I have become best friends with our treadmill. It may or may not have been the same treadmill that was reluctantly let Eric talk me into a couple of years ago....I am soooo glad we got it now! Running is so much more enjoyable when I can watch last night's DVRed shows! 4.5 miles later I was exhausted and happy!
And BTW Eric knew I took them back and got the cheaper pair, but he was not complaining. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment