Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Weddings Weddings Everywhere!

I realize this is a week late, but it took me a little while to go through my pics from 2 weekends ago.  It was quite a weekend for both sides of my family, as not one but 2 of my cousins got married.....in the same weekend....on opposite sides of the country [New Mexico and Louisiana].  Mom and I tried really hard to work it out to where we could go to both, but the logistics just weren't there and we only ended up going to one [and had a fabulous time at it!].

We had planned for my parents to come down to Bama for a long weekend and drive to Louisiana with Eric and I for the wedding that weekend.  It just happened to work out that my dad started his new job in Memphis the next week, so he drove and Mom flew and it all worked out perfectly!  We left Saturday morning and headed down to the Bayou....making a pit stop in Mobile for a seafood lunch on the Bay. It was awesome.

The wedding was absolutely beautiful! It was so good to get to see my cousins, too.  I only have 3 cousins on my Dad's side (only 7 total), and I had not seen 2 of them in 10+ years (one came to our wedding 2 years ago).  It was a self-contained wedding with the ceremony and reception in the same venue.  It was great not having to leave and drive anywhere. We had a blast!

My gorgeous cousin and her new hubby!

The cakes....he is in law school so his cake was a pile of books.

Eric and I and Mom and Dad

My cousins and I....all we're missing is Matt-Matt
The very next evening,  on the other side of the country in New Mexico, another one of my cousins got married...what are the odds. Like I said, I only have 7 cousins and 2 got married on the same weekend. Unfortunately we did not get to go to that one, but from the pictures I got from my grandparents, it was a beautiful wedding!

Walking down the aisle with her dad.  I love the emotion on her face!

Saying their vows.  They got married at the Albuquerque Botanical Gardens, so they had an amazing backdrop!

Kelly and her hubby! 
By the way her dress was HAND SEWN my aunt.  They bought the silk dupioni and lace when we were in NM in July and I could not wait to see the finished product!  From the pics I've seen it looks absolutely gorgeous! Just like the bride!

Such a wonderful weekend for my entire family!

No comments: