
I had some ground chuck leftover from the Double Bacon Cheeseburger Dip I made this past weekend, so I decided to make some Taco Soup with some of the leftover meat. I scoured pinterest for recipe ideas but did not find one that jumped out and said "pick me pick me!", so I decided to go off the map and make my own.
I started with a ground chuck, onion, minced garlic mixture, and combined it with diced tomatoes, canned corn, beef stock, and several spices, including my favorite Homemade Taco Seasoning recipe. I crockpotted it all afternoon and it was delicious! And the best part? No BEANS! I am NOT a fan of beans for a couple of reasons: #1 I think beans taste like chalk, always have. I only eat them with BBQ sauce. #2 I don't like being in the same room with Eric after he's eaten beans....nuff said.
Beanless Crockpot Taco Soup
Ingredients
1lb ground chuck
1/2 medium onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 can creamed sweet corn
1 can whole sweet corn, drained
1/4-1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp minced onion
pinch of red pepper flakes (more if you like spicy)
32 oz beef broth
salt and pepper
Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
tortilla chips
Directions
Brown meat with in a skillet with diced onion, and 2 cloves of minced garlic. Season meat with salt and pepper.
Drain meat when done.
Drain meat when done.
Pour meat mixture into crock pot with the rest of the ingredients.
Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve garnished with Monterrey jack Cheese and tortilla chips.
nom nom nom
It got 2 thumbs up from Eric so I must be doing something right!
It got 2 thumbs up from Eric so I must be doing something right!



No comments:
Post a Comment