Friday, November 9, 2012

High Five for Friday v.2


#1
The football playoffs start tonight. That means you win or you go home. No pressure...lol.  I really hope they play well! It seems like the season just started a few weeks ago, and all of a sudden 10 weeks has flown by and now it's playoff time.

#2
Basketball games START next week.  Wow.  I swear we just started practice last week (ok 4 weeks ago but it went FAST). We play Tuesday.....TUESDAY!  That means we have just 2 practices until then.  We had a few rough practices earlier this week, but yesterday it seemed like things we coming together, or maybe we're just good at what we were doing what we did yesterday. =)

#3
Mom and Dad are officially moving out of their Michigan house this weekend (just a couple of days behind schedule thanks to a broken down moving truck).  It's crazy to think that they will be back in Memphis, just 5 short hours away very soon!  I am so excited!  I'm just sorry they're moving at the beginning of basketball season because my weekends are completely booked up until February with games.  Since when did high schools start scheduling Saturday games every weekend?

#4
Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away and I have not even thought about frying turkeys, making stuffing (yes I am a northerner so I make STUFFING, not DRESSING....there's a difference), or buying some Sister Schubert's Rolls! I will admit that part of that reason is because of the uncertain playoff schedule (i.e. the exact number of games we will end up playing), I am not exactly sure where we'll be spending Thanksgiving.  Hmmmm....maybe I'll whip out some of these recipes this weekend to get me in the mood.

#5
Jimmy Kimmel did his "I Told my Kids I ate their Halloween Candy" You Tube CHallenge again this year.  It gets me every year. Is it a tad bit cruel?  Perhaps, but the reactions are precious! My favorite is the kid who throws himself on the floor when his mom tells him she ate his candy.  They did add a few kids at the end who were so sweet and did not mind at all, one little girl said they would just share it next year....there is hope for the next generation. =)


I'm doing my happy dance again because this weekend is a 3 day weekend!  

Happy Friday! 

No comments: