Last night Eric came to my rescue from a potentially disastrous situation. I threw a load of laundry in the washing machine before I cleaned up the kitchen yesterday evening when I turned around to see my laundry room filling up with water [about 1/2 an inch when I realized it].....I screamed and Eric came running of course. Water was seeping out of the washing machine on to the floor. I don't think I have ever been so grateful that he does what he does for a living. Thankfully he knew what was wrong with it and made the water stop almost immediately and was able to drain the completely full washer tub. We threw some towels in the doorway to keep it from spreading and pulled everything out of the laundry room in just a couple of minutes.
 |
| yuck...I promise my tile is no yellow it's the lighting in the laundry room |
About 20 minutes of shop vac treatment to the laundry room floor and it was as good as new, and a bit cleaner. Thanks to my wonderfully handy husband, he was able to figure out what was wrong with it. Turns out a tube came loose, so he fixed it. I can only imagine what another repairman would charge to come look at it.
As we were cleaning it up we both started laughing because both of us a serious case of déj
à vu. Why? Because this was not the first indoor we had cleaned up together. On what was supposed to be our second date, to be exact. The whole story is
here. Long story short, when he came to pick me up for our second date, we ended up with a busted fire sprinkler (no fire) and a dorm room (or 3) filled with a couple of inches of water. Instead of taking me to the movies, he stayed and helped my roommates and I clean up our room until 3AM in soaking wet clothes because he'd tried to stop the water when it first started.
Thankfully we caught this one quickly and were able to stop it before it got too bad. I am pretty sure it was the quickest flood clean up in history. And he reinforced the tube so that it will hopefully not happen again. Rest assured I will never leave my washer on when I leave the house EVER.
No comments:
Post a Comment