3 Time Olympic Gold Medalist Beach Volleyball players Kerri Walsh and Misty May were spotted in Montgomery, Alabama yesterday morning. They were sporting one of the uniform ensembles they wore at the London Games earlier this year, as well as their gold medals.
My friend Michelle and I were Misty and Kerri for our work Halloween Costume Contest. We ended up losing the best group award to some people who were the dancing Kia Hamsters (they were awesome), but we got to wear workout clothes all day at work so we really didn't care. =) We got lots of compliments on our costumes, and we were told several times that we looked a lot like them....if only we looked like them in their normal beach volleyball attire....We were just glad that they opted for long sleeves and pants in London so we could make shirts to look like them instead of wearing bikinis!
Eric and I sat out on the porch and handed out candy most of the evening. I was very pleased with our trick-or-treater turnout this year. Last year we only had a couple of groups of kids come through. However, I have 3 major pet peeves that aggravated me last night #1: Kids NOT wearing costumes. The costume/candy thing is the whole point of Trick-or-Treating! I do NOT appreciate kids coming to my door dressed in normal clothes asking for candy. Please make an effort at least. #2: Kids NOT saying Trick-or-Treat (many of these kids being the ones sans costumes). Some little kids don't quite get it yet and that's cool because they are absolutely adorable, but if you are over the age of 6, I expect you to say it. If you are not wearing a costume and you don't say Trick-or-Treat, how on earth do I know why you are ringing my doorbell. #3: Parents riding thru neighborhoods in their cars dropping their kids off at each house. RIDICULOUS! I realize that the houses in our neighborhood are a little further apart than most, but a little walking never hurt anyone. Park your car and walk with your kids! I did absolutely LOVE that several people hitched up flat-bed trailers to trucks and put hey bales on them and rode kids around that way, especially the little ones. It was so cute!
I was pleased that we had a little bit of candy left. I feel like I have my own little Halloween stash!
....and now it's November....holy cow when did that happen?! I swear it was January just a couple of weeks ago!



No comments:
Post a Comment