Some things are just not meant to be. The THS football team was apparently not meant to go further than the 2nd round of the playoffs this year. How else do you explain scoring and converting a two point play (on film), but not winning. For some reason the referees chose to say that our ball carrier did not score. Eric said that after watching the game tape back, our guy was in the end zone by 2 feet. The other team thought that he was in, too, because they were walking off the field with the heads down until they realized the referees had not made a call. About a minute later they said he did not cross the plane which meant no score. =( It was so sad. Eric took it pretty hard, too. He moped around most of the day on Saturday, which is something he NEVER does.
On the other hand somethings ARE meant to be, like the Alabama Crimson Tide in the hunt for another chance to play in the BCS National Championship. How else do you explain the #2 and #3 ranked teams in the country losing in the same week? (at the same time I might add) They are not a shoe-in, but they certainly control their own destiny.....2 more wins and are very likely in national championship. I was just glad to see Eric smiling and happy. =) We threw in some ribs and chicken on the grill and I made some delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies.
Since we now know whether or not we'll have a football game this week (sadly not), we can now make plans for Thanksgiving! I am so ready to have a few days off to play and spend time with family! I can already taste the fried turkey!


No comments:
Post a Comment